PDA

View Full Version : look for interior for 1986 Super Comp TSM6

Jim O'toole
03-24-2008, 07:48 AM
I just bought 1987 Supra Comp. Can anyone suggest where I can buy new factory interior? grey with rainbow stripe. The seat bottoms are missing. Jim

DKJBama92Mariah
03-27-2008, 11:44 AM
Its pretty safe to say to a new factory interior for a 20 year old boat probably doesn't exist. I'd start looking for a local upholstery shop to do the work. Get recommendations and references from marinas and boat dealers in your area. If you go this route, spend extra on higher quality vinyl, not the cheapest you can find.

I'm starting to think about this route myself, but figure I can get another year or two out of my current vinyl. Thats gonna be an ugly one for me b/c i'll be addressing a soft floor issue at the same time. eek.

Unless the vinyl is split and cracked badly, it might still have some life left in it. Give it a good cleaning with Mr. Clean Magic Erasers and then treat with 303 Aerospace protectant. This can do wonders for old vinyl and is worth a shot considering reupholstering will probably cost you 1/3 of the value of the boat itself. It just depends on if you REALLY like this particular boat.

Jim O'toole
03-28-2008, 11:26 AM
thanks for the info.I wrote Supra, They no longer make the rainbow vinyl I've gone online and have seen some great new interiors. I bought the boat cheap some I think I will just redo it. the floor and stringers are solid the hour meterreads 54 hrs the 351 looks like new. Never had striat inboard B/4. thanks for the info. Jim