PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass MPH vs. RPM

BigV
03-25-2008, 07:48 AM
I purchased a Launch24SSV in 07. We love it! My question has to do with the perfect pass. Is it better to set it on MPH or RPM when wakeboarding or surfing? When we use MPH is seems to fluxuate the speed on turns quite a bit.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions

cptsupra
03-25-2008, 10:34 PM
MPH. Unless you have your boat weighted exacly the same each time out, the rpm mode will produce a speed that is different then what you expect. This would require on the fly adjustments of the rpms to compensate for your speed each trip out. RPM (Slalom) mode will still cause the sling shot effect if you have a limited space to complete your turns.

This is just my suggestion from experience on an 07 Moomba Outback and now a 08 21V, both of which are obviously considerably smaller than your 24.

The other concern is that PP is not designed to run RPM speeds less than 28 mph. I know that seems contradictory, but you have to program your rpm's for each of the speeds 28, 30, 32, 34, and 36 mph. Yes you could fool PP to believe 28 mph slalom mode is 11mph for surfing, but imho it is easier to set it in mph mode and simply set it for 10 or 11 and you can adjust by .2 mph increments easily on the fly.

FoiltechLaunch21V
06-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Sounds like you need to adjust the PP (in your PP owners manual)or call Gary @ perfect Pass he can tell you over the phone how to fix it. Perfect Pass 902-468-2150