PDA

View Full Version : 04 Supra water seperator

Veeone
07-02-2018, 12:40 AM
2004 Supra 340 FI Indmar. We were out running the boat after de-winterization and it started and ran great. After about 25min of normal ops it just died. Like running out of gas. full tank, all indications are normal. after sitting for a short while it runs rough for a minute or so but will not clear or power up. Ideas? water separator? fuel pump? anyone else had this issue?

kenn6752
07-03-2018, 03:18 PM
2004 Supra 340 FI Indmar. We were out running the boat after de-winterization and it started and ran great. After about 25min of normal ops it just died. Like running out of gas. full tank, all indications are normal. after sitting for a short while it runs rough for a minute or so but will not clear or power up. Ideas? water separator? fuel pump? anyone else had this issue?

Don't believe they had a fuel water separator in the 04's with Assault 325, which is what I think you are meaning to say you have.
I had similar issues with an 04 SSV years ago and after an embarrassing wasted hour labor at the dealer- turned out to be a shot cap & rotor.

You'll also hear of the fuel pump vapor locking, but after it cools down I think it usually runs fine again (till it happens again)

Dalunsfo
08-09-2018, 12:05 AM
I have a 2008 Supra 21V with 5.7 MPFI and have issues with vapor lock. Considering installing fuel water separator/filter. Does anyone have recomendations? Hose size, flow rate and pressure? Has anyone reached out to Indmar about this issue and do they have any solutions?

Hamsterkraxx
08-13-2018, 09:38 AM
Maybe it's the Ignition Coil. The IG can fail intermittently when hot.