PDA

View Full Version : Manually drain a hard ballast tank

bc1215
07-09-2018, 09:08 PM
I have a 99 Launch with a hard ballast tank. I was trying to drain the tank the other day in my driveway by turning the battery on and hitting the empty switch, but water did not come out. Do I need to turn the boat on to be able to drain the tank? I was looking for a way to manually empty the tank, but I couldn't find the manual anywhere online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Eurobound
07-09-2018, 09:17 PM
I have a 99 Launch with a hard ballast tank. I was trying to drain the tank the other day in my driveway by turning the battery on and hitting the empty switch, but water did not come out. Do I need to turn the boat on to be able to drain the tank? I was looking for a way to manually empty the tank, but I couldn't find the manual anywhere online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!I could never get mine completely empty either just using the pumps. I have a 2002 launch with a hard ballast as well. Others may have different experiences.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

bc1215
07-10-2018, 09:33 AM
Eurobound - thanks for the reply. Have you manually drained the tank before? If so, what is the best way to do that?

Eurobound
07-10-2018, 12:07 PM
Eurobound - thanks for the reply. Have you manually drained the tank before? If so, what is the best way to do that?

Yes, I have. I've had my whole boat apart. I took the seat off of the top, took the hoses off and lifted it out of the boat. There is a fitting on the bottom. which you can drain the water out of. A bit of a pain but not the end of the world.

bc1215
07-10-2018, 12:28 PM
Thanks - much appreciated!

CJD
07-10-2018, 04:21 PM
Interesting thread. How much water remains in the hard tanks? A lot of hull damage is caused by trailering or lifting boats with water on board. Since it sounds like the hard tanks can be removed, I might be inclined to swap it for a soft tank?!?