PDA

View Full Version : Figured I'd introduce myself.

haugy.
04-10-2008, 11:25 AM
I'm a fellow Supra owner, have been for the last 18 years. I grew up on an 89 Supra Comp TS6m. I now own a 1990 Supra Mariah. I love the old school boats, been around them forever. I do love the modern rides, would kill for a 22ssv.

But just introducing myself. Glad to see a forum just for Supra.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/customcj7/P1010648edit1.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/customcj7/Final1.jpg

michael hunter
04-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Nice looking boat did the tower come with it looks like a new dimensions
Where did you get the Bimini top. I too like the old SUPRAS i HAVE A 1989 Sunsport see pride & joy.

haugy.
04-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Thanks. It is a New Dimension, I had it put on after I bought it. It's their swoop design.

The bimini is kind of a custom trick. I hate how the biminis are so low on some of the Supra's, so I ordered a factory Launch bimini. I mounted it as far back on the tower as I could. This put it up high enough that I barely have to duck to walk under. And because my tower is swooped, I fastened the rear straps permanently to the tower. All I have to do is pull the cover off, pull the bimini forward, and fasten the two front clips. Takes less than 30 seconds. I love it. And it's a good tight solid fit.

I love that Sunsport by the way. That was the color scheme of my old Comp. If I can find a Sunsport I will be moving up into one.

jonyb
04-25-2008, 02:51 AM
What up Haugy!!

sybrmike
11-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Haugy,

Sorry to drag up an old post, but continuing my search on the right tower for my 89 Saltare project.

First, man does that boat look sweet! Plus, the ND swoop compliments it perfectly - real nice finishing touch. So far, I've narrowed it down to the ND swoop, Titan II, & maybe a MT2. I find myself going back again & again to the swoop pics on ND's site - it just looks so good on an old Supra. But, all the positive reviews of the Titan II, stainless steel, wishbone design, etc really appeal to the engineer in me... MT2 looks to be a good combo of price and function.

How has the ND swoop been for you? Flex? Durability? I like that it provides 6 mounts to help spread the load over an old hull never designed for a tower and figure what little tower flex there may be (TII supposed to be rock solid) might help keep the nasty gelcoat spiders at bay.

Finally, do you have any more details or pix of the bimini (open?)? Sounds like a sweet setup & looks slick folded up. I've got a sturdy s/s frame bimini that came with the boat & would like to incorporate it into the tower like yours. That's one knock against the TII - the front wishbone really limits the bimini options.

Thanks, and again - really nice looking ride.

Fman
11-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Nice boat..... welcome to the forum.

Okie Boarder
11-18-2009, 07:01 PM
Welcome haugy. I never tire seeing a picture or two of your boat.

jaywidhalm
11-18-2009, 07:27 PM
Welcome. Looks like your boat has been well taken care of, and like the others said, that tower looks great on it!! Once again, welcome, lots of useful info and awesome pics on here.

Chachi
11-19-2009, 11:15 AM
Hey Haugy! I have been reading a lot of your posts over the past 6 months (wakeworld, wakboarder.com) You seem to have your knowledge down on the whole Supra boat deal. I am surprised you were never on here before. Guys, this guy knows his stuff so if you have questions let him know. Sorry to talk you up dude but i'm sure Mikey can attest to my post. Good seeing you on here.

Chris

87SunSportMikeyD
11-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Haha I thought this was a new post and I was like "Haugy, new member??" He doesn't read this forum a ton from what I know, so you may want to hit him up on wakeboarder.com.

Syber I would put backing plates on and you should be fine with 4 or 6 feet. Remember that installing the tower feet is kinda a pain in itself. Touch to reach and itchy. Also you are okay with it collapsing forward and still being taller than the windshield?

Haug love the custom bimini job that jumped out at me too right away. If you see this I would love to see a pic of the bimini unfolded.

snibbornairb
11-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Good to see another Mariah out there. (I wish mine looked as clean as yours)
I have the Titan I on mine, but I have to say that New Dimension looks pretty nice.

jonyb
11-19-2009, 07:23 PM
haha, threaddiggers!!!

Yup, he's a good dude. I hang out with them when the wifey and I go to Nashville for the wakeboard tourneys or if we're down there hanging out.

87SunSportMikeyD
11-20-2009, 02:04 PM
On whose boat? :) :) Got any pics?

jonyb
11-22-2009, 12:51 AM
I carried my boat down and rafted up with them.....

This year on Sunday instead of rafting up we just took mine out and ran down the lake to a lunch spot.

snibbornairb
11-23-2009, 10:17 PM
[/quote}
Finally, do you have any more details or pix of the bimini (open?)? Sounds like a sweet setup & looks slick folded up. I've got a sturdy s/s frame bimini that came with the boat & would like to incorporate it into the tower like yours. That's one knock against the TII - the front wishbone really limits the bimini options.

Thanks, and again - really nice looking ride.[/QUOTE]

My factory bimini goes right up to the wishbone but does not interfere. The rear horseshoe does however. I modified the canopy to accomodate the legs, but it is a pain to remove, so i always have it up on the lake. A tower mounted bimini would be ideal, imo.
In this pic I didn't have board racks yet.