PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Legacy

csmitty41
04-09-2003, 03:44 PM
I am having a hard time with water collecting in my engine compartment. I did not even realize my boat had an automatic bilge but I was told it does. Could it be that the bilge button has a setting that disengages the automatic bilge? I know it has 3 settings so I'm thinking maybe it's disconnected, b/c it is definitely not working. Thanks.
[email protected])

Brian Raymond
04-09-2003, 10:14 PM
Call your local dealer and set an appt. to have the issue looked at and rendered. If this is not a feasable option, contact [email protected]. They will be able to assist you with troubleshooting steps, and wiring diagrams. Have you checked your shaft log adjustment? Brian Raymond

dba4life
04-30-2003, 04:17 PM
I have the same problem in my 1990 Supra Comp. Auto Bilge does not work at all. Regular bilge works fine.

Have not had a chance to troubleshoot yet. Didn't know there was 3 choices for mode of operation. I just have two switches for Bilge 1 (Manual) and Bilge 2 (Auto).

Kevin

hbtxsupra
06-02-2003, 02:06 AM
My '98 Comp is somewhat "iffy" in bilge operation, but I think the problem is float sticking because of oily crud floating in engine compartment from previous owner (I am working on it!). It has been known to stick in the "on" position.

Anyway, besides the two positions on the dash, it also has a switch on the bilge float which I think locks out the auto position.

If worse comes to worse, automatic bilge pumps are not that expensive, but the factory unit looks like a good piece of equipment.