PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Launch SSV 22 Playpen Floor

dons
04-29-2008, 06:57 PM
Was looking at a 2008 SSV 22 Launch, World Edition, and with Playpen. The center cushion lifts up and there is no floor, and opening into basement and middle ballast bag? My wife pointed out that there are 2 cup holders under cushion, but whats the sense, as there is no access to the cup holders with cushion in place. Anyone know why this way, or is there a missing floor option dealer did not know about.

klewis
04-29-2008, 10:59 PM
My wife and I could have sworn there was a floor down there when we looked at the Supras at the boat show. However when we took delivery of ours we noticed the same thing and had the exact same thought. If anyone out there or SC could answer that would help me too.

indyeng24
04-30-2008, 02:31 PM
I believe the reason for the cup holders is that the 22 sunsport is the same design without the playpen and has cup holders there.

If we have two people up front we usually sit on either side and you can slide the center cusion up and back a little to gain access to the cup holders. You may find that you need access to the front of your center ballast in order to open the top plug to let air out so that it will fill all the way. These are about the only two reasons to move the center cushion while you are on the water, at least as far as I have found.

klewis
04-30-2008, 05:02 PM
Thanks, that makes some sense, same mold for manufacturing then.

It just seems odd they didnt also put a removeable carpeted piece of floor with one of those metal pulls to remove it if you needed to gain access. I guess they assume if you want the playpen that you wont be pulling that cushion out when you are up there, which makes sense. Just seems a shame to hide two more potential places for a cold one!

We did notice that on the Sunsport we looked at that it did not have cupholders on either side right in front of the windshield. Our Launch has cupholders there and maybe those are meant to stand in for the two hiding under the cushion.