PDA

View Full Version : Board Racks w/ Pins

indyeng24
05-15-2008, 01:21 PM
Just wondering if anyone here has experience with the new swivel racks with the pins instead of push buttons. Our 22 SSV is having them installed right now after three tries with the old push button ones. Just curious if the are better and if the pins are tethered to the boat?

kingwoodlee
05-29-2008, 10:00 PM
Are your racks roswell brand?

Diggs
06-09-2008, 12:19 PM
i switched to the pins and was much happier. manual, but fail safe....

FoiltechLaunch21V
06-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Just wondering if anyone here has experience with the new swivel racks with the pins instead of push buttons. Our 22 SSV is having them installed right now after three tries with the old push button ones. Just curious if the are better and if the pins are tethered to the boat?

I changed to the pin style last summer because the push buttons could hold up to the weight of my hydrofoils (around 35 lbs) have not had any trouble with pin style and yes they are tethered.

kingwoodlee
06-20-2008, 04:15 PM
Rosswell just recently replaced both my push-button swivels with the new pin type for free!! I just can't say enough good things about them. All I did was tell them they weren't holding any more, and they sent two new ones out via fedex. That kind of customer service just doesn't happen any more. The new pin type work great. Very easy to use, and should work forever. Satisfied customer!

FoiltechLaunch21V
06-20-2008, 10:05 PM
A friend of mine ordered a Roswell tower last year had some probs with it Roswell told him if he could get it fixed with out taking it off and sending it back they would take care of it. Long story short he had it fixed locally Roswell took care of it. Awsome company to do business with. I send anybody I can their way.

jschmidt
06-25-2008, 12:17 AM

Before I took delivery of my 2006 22SSV the dealer replaced the push button with pins and I like them so much better. They are tethered and I think you will be very happy with them

kingwoodlee
06-26-2008, 05:18 PM
Note: check the cable that tethers the Pin. There is a black rubber insert that holds the cable into the head of the pin. Ours already fell out, and we almost lost the pin. I put it back together and then squirted white marine putty in there to hold. Now it's OK.