PDA

View Full Version : Air Boom tilt-down wakeboard tower for sale

stess
11-15-2018, 11:58 AM
Just bought a '92 Sunsport for skiing and don't need this tower. Tilt-down is quick and works great for getting under bridges, into lifts or garage. Retail is over $2000; asking $1000, plus shipping from Oregon. It looks like it would break down pretty easily for efficient shipping. Steve 541-490-8081

michael hunter
11-16-2018, 09:01 AM
A Sunsport is not much of a ski boat recreational at best . You may want to keep the tower to do other activities.

Mischief IV
11-17-2018, 10:34 PM
A Sunsport is not much of a ski boat, recreational at best . You may want to keep the tower to do other activities.

Ouch!! Yet...you bought a Sunsport in 1989?

Stess, the Sunsport is a good all around boat. Ski wake is not bad at all.
I will never have a tower on my Rider so I don’t blame you for taking this one off.

michael hunter
11-19-2018, 08:05 AM
He never said he wanted a all around boat . He said ski boat and since I have both Sunsport and Comp I can say without a doubt the Sunsport is NOT a good SKI boat. Much better as a inboard runabout .

Jetlink
11-19-2018, 11:47 AM
He never said he wanted a all around boat . He said ski boat and since I have both Sunsport and Comp I can say without a doubt the Sunsport is NOT a good SKI boat. Much better as a inboard runabout .

Compared to the Comp, that statement is true. Now a Sunsport compared to a standard stern drive, or even a Saltare, 242 or basically anything new the Sunsport is a way better ski boat than those.

Mischief IV
11-20-2018, 10:10 PM

From what I read, he said he bought the boat for “skiing.”
Can you ski behind a ‘92 Sunsport? Sure, all day long and Sunday too!
At least in his Sunsport, he can take his family of 7 with him.
Don’t need a Comp to ski. Just need one to be competitive. He wasn’t asking for a wake comparison or to be beat up about selling his tower.

michael hunter
11-22-2018, 07:54 AM
A Sunsport is not much of a ski boat recreational at best . You may want to keep the tower to do other activities.

So this is beating up the OP for selling the tower????