PDA

View Full Version : 8th Annual Southern Supra Reunion July 12th-14th 2019

Jetlink
01-09-2019, 02:15 PM
Get excited and stay tuned, details coming soon. Lodging solutions are booking up fast.

Mr717
01-09-2019, 02:19 PM
Details? Where's it gonna be?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mischief IV
01-09-2019, 07:00 PM
It's time again to make your summer vacation plans and what could be more exciting than telling your spouse this year that you want to meet a bunch of strangers off the internet? First, you may want to mention that Supra owners are the best people in the world and then slowly work your way up to telling her that it will be quite the drive pulling the 'ol boat. (based on a true story)
So if this sounds like fun to you, then mark your calendar today to attend the 2019 Southern Supra Reunion (but wait to tell the wife 2 days before the event if need be):p

For the newbies...thanks to forum member TitanTN and his desire to not only see old boats on a website but to touch them in person, he had the brilliant idea to see if a group of strangers from the internet would meet in Chattanooga, TN back in 2012 and show off their beloved Supras. Amazingly, the weekend was a success and now we announce the 8th edition of this gathering.

Last year was our first year to hold the reunion on Lake Nottely in Blairsville, GA. We had five states represented and quite the turnout.
However wonderful last year's event was, this year we have decided to take our first trek to Dale Hollow Lake in Tennessee/ Kentucky to explore new waters. For the northern contingent of forum members, this should help save a few hours worth of travel.
Travel times from Mt. Sterling, OH will be about 5.5 hours pulling the big block :) and around 7 hours from Bourbonnais, IL.
Travel times from Nashville, Knoxville, and Chattanooga, TN are just over 2 hours. Lexington, KY is about 2.5 hours. Atlanta, GA is around 4 hours.

Sunset Marina on the east side of the lake off Highway 111 will be our home base since the lake is rather large and spread out. This has close proximity to small town, gas, and on-site restaurant.
The lake offers many cabin rentals but be aware their are no docks on the lake so if you find a cabin, make sure you are near a ramp or find a marina that will offer you a daily slip. Also, this lake offers many houseboat rentals which could be a great option for you and your family to stay right in the middle of the lake.

Who: Open to all Supra owners and Supra Forum members. Yes, Moombas are welcome.

What: 8th Annual - 2019 Southern Supra Reunion

When: July 12 - 14, 2019(come for one day, several or stay the week)
Note: The lake is in the Central Time Zone.

Where: Dale Hollow Lake, TN/KY
The Dale Hollow Reservoir is situated on the Kentucky/Tennessee border. The lake is formed by the damming of the Obey River. It is also the site of Dale Hollow Lake State Park on the north side of the lake, in Kentucky.

The lake's name originated from William Dale, a government surveyor, settling originally in Willow Grove. Mr. Dale bought his first 449 acres of land which he turned into a farm.The farm eventually grew into a plantation known as Dale Hollow. The dam was started in 1942; The waters of the lake ultimately covered both the farm and Willow Grove.The project was designed and completed by the United States Army Corps of Engineers in 1943, making the lake the oldest artificial lake in Kentucky. Dale Hollow Dam is used to supply power to the surrounding countryside.

The 27,000 acre lake is also frequently used for recreation. Water sports are popular, including water skiing, wakeboarding, and tubing which are regularly seen, but the main recreational use is fishing. Dale Hollow is a choice location for smallmouth bass fishing, currently holding the world record for the largest smallmouth bass ever caught. The lake and surrounding rivers also contain other species such as largemouth bass, crappie, muskellunge, walleye, catfish, gar, and trout.

For Rentals:
Most of the local marinas have some cabins or cottages for rent and offer slips with daily rental. Check with each one to see what amenities they offer. Start calling today to reserve your spot as this lake has high summer volume and July is peak time. FYI: Most marinas have a 3 night minimum during peak season and will charge a launch fee for boat.
sunsetmarina.com - phone (931) 864-3146
eaglecoveresort.net
starpointresort.com
wolf-river.com
airbnb.com
Try Google for more options on accomodations, too much to list here.

For Campers:
Obey River Recreation Area (about 2 miles from Sunset Marina)
100 Obey Park Rd, Monroe, TN 38573
recreation.gov
(877) 444-6777

For Hotel:
Sportman's Lodge Motel (about 4 miles from Sunset Marina)
1201 Livingston Hwy, Byrdstown, TN 38549
dalehollow.com
(931) 864-3349

Come show off your beautiful Supra, bring the whole family and make it a weekend to remember.

Let us know by a reply to this thread if you think you are up to the challenge this year.
For anyone that hasn't attended before, just reach out to me via private message and I will give you my phone number so we can communicate once the event draws closer.

Thanks,
The Management

https://i.imgur.com/hMOdxxK.jpg

bssteven0
01-09-2019, 08:14 PM
We’re in! Should be a good time. Have always wanted to visit Dale Hollow.

MJHKnox
01-09-2019, 11:11 PM
I fished there when I first moved to Knoxville.

It can be a little hard to get to, but was amazed at the clean water.

Jetlink
01-09-2019, 11:28 PM
I fished there when I first moved to Knoxville.

It can be a little hard to get to, but was amazed at the clean water.

You lost me at fishing, I thought we were talking about skiing, surfing and wakeboarding...ok fine, and tubing.

On the fence about dragging the ski tug down, will know more as the time draws near but we are in at a 10-11 hour drive give or take a Kentucky highway accident to impede progress.

korey
01-10-2019, 01:59 PM
Ecstatic you guys are headed to my "home" lake! I live in Lexington, but Dale Hollow is our go-to! I'm not so active here anymore (I'm in a new Moomba now), but I'll certainly partake. I've got post notifications turned on for this post, so if you have any specific questions about the area, I'll be watching and happy to help!

Sunset is an awesome marina, and the camping at Obey River Rec Area (the state park right next to Sunset) is great too! It's a big lake, so come prepared to burn some fuel! I'll post to the "Inboards on DHL" Facebook page too. Lots of Skier's Choice boats on the lake since the only dealer in the state is just about 15 miles away from Sunset - every weekend kind of feels like a Supra Reunion!

Mischief IV
01-11-2019, 07:05 PM
Thanks Korey for all your help. As far as burning lots of fuel, reminds me of the saying, "The wife said take me somewhere expensive tonight, so I took her to the gas station." Gotta love marina gas prices. :(

Have had good feedback so far on location and for those that have made your reservations, can't wait to see ya'll there.

pirata86
01-11-2019, 07:27 PM
Do we know if anyone is going the week before or the week after ? The wife’s vacation is set for the week after so we are planning Friday the 12th through the following week

michael hunter
01-12-2019, 09:32 AM
Do we know if anyone is going the week before or the week after ? The wife’s vacation is set for the week after so we are planning Friday the 12th through the following week

Have you ever been to Clinton lake in Clinton IL. ?

pirata86
01-12-2019, 08:53 PM
Been there several times love it only a little more than an hour away

Geary101
01-14-2019, 04:20 PM
Just out of curiosity, where were the previous 7 reunions held?

MJHKnox
01-14-2019, 08:20 PM
Just out of curiosity, where were the previous 7 reunions held?

Watts Bar Lake. North of Chattanooga TN. Harrison State Park. Guy who started it was from this area.

Last year it was Nottely Lake in north GA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mischief IV
01-15-2019, 12:34 PM
Watts Bar Lake. North of Chattanooga TN. Harrison State Park. Guy who started it was from this area.

Last year it was Nottely Lake in north GA.

Correction:
It was held at Chickamauga Lake north of Chattanooga for the first 6 reunions. Watts Bar is north of that.

MJHKnox
01-15-2019, 11:49 PM
Good call. I was going to say the TN River, but that is vague.

When driving over Ft Loudon Dam in Knoxville I always picture that is way to get to Chattanooga by water - Watts Bar.
Fort Loudon Lake > Watts Bar Lake > Chickamauga Lake > Nickajack Lake > etc.

Watts Bar Lake by boat feels like in goes on-and-on. I assume 75+ miles. I think the Chickamauga stretch is close to that also.

Jetlink
06-03-2019, 10:16 PM
38 days until this event starts? Crap! I better get to work making sure my trailer is ready for the haul if I am going to drive it down this year.

Mischief IV
06-04-2019, 06:54 PM
T-shirts to be announced soon.

bssteven0
06-10-2019, 08:19 PM
I put 4 new tires on and added a full size spare for the trip this year. Looking to have an uneventful road trip.

korey
06-11-2019, 05:08 PM
We ate dinner at Sunset last weekend, are headed down for a week starting this weekend, and then we'll be back for the reunion! Dale Hollow is my happy place!

MJHKnox
06-17-2019, 11:01 PM
We ate dinner at Sunset last weekend, are headed down for a week starting this weekend, and then we'll be back for the reunion! Dale Hollow is my happy place!Where do you recommend eating on the water?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

korey
06-18-2019, 09:00 AM
Good morning from DHL! I can't get my photo to upload :-( service is spotty where we are tied up this morning. we've got the hatches battened down for some ugly weather today anyway...

Sunset (where this event is based) has one of the best options for sit down dining on the lake, don't miss that. Mike's landing (name of the restaurant at Sulfur Creek Marina) is one of favorites. It has a little more of a sports bar feel (still perfectly kid friendly though) with frequent live music in the evenings. That is also where we will be staying that weekend so keep an eye out for my silver metal flake and blue Moomba there in the evenings. Eastport is great for lunch and is kind of the outpost Waaay up the river behind Sunset - a pretty cool ride. Don't miss a stop at Willow Grove either, it's like the country general store on the water. Ice cream, souvenirs, boat parts, groceries, everything! Their gas is usually somehow slightly cheaper but they don't usually have premium if you're in a newer boat that requires it. I'm pretty sure Cedar Hill still does the breakfast buffet at the marina restaurant, and all you can eat catfish dinner!

Lots of options! You can't go wrong!

Mischief IV
06-18-2019, 12:34 PM
Thanks for all this info Korey. Great to have a local lead us in the right direction. Have a good week up there.

Can't wait to get out on DHL in a few.

korey
06-18-2019, 12:50 PM
NO problem! The weather is pretty crappy here today, so the cover is on the Moomba and I just made a run to Willow Grove in the Alumacraft for oil change supplies. Doing a little houseboat maintenance while we can't play!

I love getting out on the water in bad weather in a boat that I don't care about keeping clean!

Mischief IV
06-19-2019, 12:24 PM
Order Now!! 2019 Southern Supra Reunion T-shirt. Price is $20.00 for any size shirt

Ok guys, I finally have the design to post for the Southern Supra Reunion which is quickly upon us. It is just three weeks away .
You have ONE WEEK to get your orders in so don't delay.

You don't have to attend the reunion to order a shirt. Please, order one if you like the shirt. Every year after the reunion, I get many emails asking if there are any extra T-shirts and the answer is always no. The quantity we print are based on the emails you guys send to us prior to the event. Remember, our event is not sponsored by Supra and we don't do this for income purposes.
We do this for fun and to add a nice Supra shirt to our collection.
The best way to let us know you that you like this year's design, is to purchase a few for yourself or the family.

The shirts will be Heather Gray this year with a 3 color print (first time for 3 color - red, white and blue) as shown below. (NOTE: the shirt color is much prettier than this computer representation)

Changes this year....offering two new sizes. Adult Extra Small and Adult 4XL. No upcharge for larger sizes as in years past. Shirts will be one price and one price only.

All shirts are ADULT sizes.

XtraSmall, Small, Medium, Large, XL, 2L, 3XL and 4XL. Price is $20.00 for any size shirt.

If you would like to order, please send an email before 10:00 PM on Thursday, June 27th to [email protected] with the sizes, quantity of each size, your forum name and given name. I will confirm receipt of email. If you don't hear from me, then I did not get your email.

Please send me your home address if you want them shipped to you. Shipping will be at your cost and shirts will ship the week following the reunion.
We will not ship any shirts until payment is made in full. PayPal is preferred method of payment.

Cut off Date for ordering will be Thursday, June 27, 2019 at 10:00 PM

Thank you very much,

The Management

https://i.imgur.com/LEP1QiT.jpg

cadunkle
06-23-2019, 08:34 PM
Bummer I'll be at the lake house in Maine on those dates. The past few years it has been during my long trip up there or immediately before/after. A bit of a haul to go from 500 miles north of home to 500 miles south of home or vice versa in one shot. I hope to come next year if scheduling allows. Looking forward to pictures of the event!

Mischief IV
06-24-2019, 03:55 PM
I hope to come next year if scheduling allows. Looking forward to pictures of the event!

Hey Cadunkle, just fyi, this reunion is always scheduled for the second weekend in July each year. However, one year out of the last seven, we moved it to end of June because quite a few people on here said they had scheduling conflicts and June was better. None of them showed up in June either. :(

So, out of fairness to the core group of people that make the trip every year, we thought it best to leave the date alone since a few of them make it a weekly family trip.
I also post the reunion dates to the forum the first week of January (sticky under General Chat) so if you're planning your Maine vacations early, you can plan around this if you so desire.

We'd love to have you join us and remember, you don't have to bring a boat to participate. Next year, we may move reunion closer to Knoxville and flying down maybe the easier route if you wanted a weekend getaway. As one of the biggest fans of older Supras on this forum, I'd personally love to see your boat but also understand the dilemma of long distance towing.

P.S. You can always order a shirt and say you went. :)

Jetlink
06-24-2019, 10:44 PM
I will echo what Daniel said Cadunkle. The very first year this event was held, my wife and I flew down on a whim for the day essentially having never met a single person from here and not bringing a boat. It was a great way to get our feet wet so to speak and to this day there are people we met from the first event that I talk to on a regular basis year round. Hop a flight down anywhere near and I am sure that you will not have a lack of people and boats to get you out on.

Splbuilder
06-27-2019, 07:02 AM
Hey all, curious, is there a schedule of when peeps are to meet up, or just hanging around Sunset dock? I'm from Cincinnati, but we have a houseboat there so I'll be down for the weekend. Looking forward to it.

Thanks!

Jetlink
06-27-2019, 10:15 AM
Hey all, curious, is there a schedule of when peeps are to meet up, or just hanging around Sunset dock? I'm from Cincinnati, but we have a houseboat there so I'll be down for the weekend. Looking forward to it.

Thanks!

The "format" is usually as follows. People start showing up in the area Thursday but most show up Friday. Friday night a group text goes out with a meet up time and place for Saturday and that is how the day starts. Saturday and Sunday are the two big days with the days prior to and after just bonus stuff. Hope that helps. If you haven't already, PM either Mischief IV or myself with your contact information as well as any other pertinent information and we will be sure to include you in the group texts and such.

Splbuilder
06-27-2019, 10:42 AM
The "format" is usually as follows. People start showing up in the area Thursday but most show up Friday. Friday night a group text goes out with a meet up time and place for Saturday and that is how the day starts. Saturday and Sunday are the two big days with the days prior to and after just bonus stuff. Hope that helps. If you haven't already, PM either Mischief IV or myself with your contact information as well as any other pertinent information and we will be sure to include you in the group texts and such.

Awesome, sounds good and thanks for the info. Mischief has my contact info, as I am buying a few shirts as well. I've also been going to the DHL since birth so if anyone has any questions, I can probably help.

Thanks!

Mischief IV
06-27-2019, 02:27 PM
Awesome, sounds good and thanks for the info. Mischief has my contact info, as I am buying a few shirts as well. I've also been going to the DHL since birth so if anyone has any questions, I can probably help.

Thanks!

Splbuilder,
I just replied to your email.

Jetlink usually buys dinner and drinks for everyone IF you can outrun his Comp so he's the guy to get to know. :) :rolleyes: Bring a fast boat!

Splbuilder
06-29-2019, 10:17 AM
Bad news for me. Boat is broke unfortunately. Just posted in the repair forum. Losing trans fluid somehow, and cannot see or feel where its coming from.

michael hunter
06-30-2019, 07:43 AM
Easy to pull the trans most likely the front seal.

korey
07-03-2019, 01:23 PM
Splbuilder,
I just replied to your email.

Jetlink usually buys dinner and drinks for everyone IF you can outrun his Comp so he's the guy to get to know. :) :rolleyes: Bring a fast boat!

We'll also have the blown checkmate and the glastron carlson with a 2.5 bridgeport on the back down that weekend. Do those count?!

Mischief IV
07-06-2019, 11:34 PM
We'll also have the blown checkmate and the glastron carlson with a 2.5 bridgeport on the back down that weekend. Do those count?!

Tough call. I’d buy you a drink 🥃 for just letting me ride in the checkmate.

cadunkle
07-07-2019, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the additional info, I've got the second weekend in July marked on the calendar for next year. I'll try to space my long trip to the lake house in Maine a week to either side of that weekend.

The weather up here this weekend might be rain. I've already got the time off work so it's tempting to just leave early Friday and keep heading south if it turns out to be a washout here... but it's at least a 19 hour tow so not gonna happen as a last minute winging it thing. Hoping to make it happen next year.

Regarding the trans leak Splbuilder, I totally forgot mine was leaking and was to be a winter project. Mine has to be the input shaft seal sk I figure I'll just rebuild it this winter. Doesn't leak terribly so I just been running it and topping off every few times out. If it's not puking you may get through the season.

Mischief IV
07-08-2019, 11:49 AM
The countdown begins....hoping to see a good crowd start to gather on Friday.

We will raft up on Saturday but I don't know where yet. If you're coming in for the SSR and don't have my contact info, PM your phone number or email to [email protected] and I will try to keep everyone up to date as to where we will be and what time.

Safe travels to all those that are coming from far and wide. Looking forward to a good time.

Jetlink
07-09-2019, 09:44 AM
Last day of work for me until after the reunion was yesterday. I am now in full trip prep mode for the next 48 hours until our departure south. Korey, what is the fuel situation down there for topping off as I have a smaller tank than probably every other boat that is showing up. I have a gas caddy that I can bring to carry extra gas but I am just curious if I will need it if I run short on space for this trip.

Hoff
07-09-2019, 12:47 PM
Brand new to the group, this sounds like a lot of fun so I’m going to make the drive over. Is there anything else I need to do other than show up?

Mischief IV
07-09-2019, 01:07 PM
Brand new to the group, this sounds like a lot of fun so I’m going to make the drive over. Is there anything else I need to do other than show up?

Congrats and welcome to the forum. It's definitely going to be a good time so hope you can make it over.

Just show up and have a good time is all we ask. What boat will you be bringing?

Hoff
07-09-2019, 04:51 PM
Congrats and welcome to the forum. It's definitely going to be a good time so hope you can make it over.

Just show up and have a good time is all we ask. What boat will you be bringing?

Thanks for the response. I will be bringing a 2005 Sunsport 24v.

Mischief IV
07-09-2019, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the response. I will be bringing a 2005 Sunsport 24v.

Sounds great!! I sent you a private message with my phone number in case you need to contact me upon arriving.

Safe travels! See ya soon.

korey
07-10-2019, 09:07 PM
Last day of work for me until after the reunion was yesterday. I am now in full trip prep mode for the next 48 hours until our departure south. Korey, what is the fuel situation down there for topping off as I have a smaller tank than probably every other boat that is showing up. I have a gas caddy that I can bring to carry extra gas but I am just curious if I will need it if I run short on space for this trip.

No problems with fuel on Dale Hollow. There are about 8 commercial marinas. If you're staying with main group at Sunset, you can't do wrong.

We'll be down as early Friday as you can get there. It will probably be about 3 pm. Will be on the water as soon as we get there. Any of you feel free to text me if you want to get together. 502.974.4511

Mischief IV
07-12-2019, 11:15 AM
We’re here. Did not know that there is no cell signal on the lake so might make communication tricky at this point.
Sunset Marina will be home base for most coming in. They have ramp and charge 5 bucks to launch.
This is important, we will be meeting around 10-11 Saturday on the west side of the marina next to the marina store and restaurant. We will gather those that are present and then head to a cove for a raft up.
If you’re coming in later, I may do another set time to meet and then repeat the process to raft up area. I will try to do my best to let you know where we are and will be going.
Try to get MJHKnox to post map for me.

korey
07-12-2019, 11:29 AM
You will have spotty cell phone service around that end of the lake. It's better towards the middle of the lake. Just send text messages and they will get through eventually.

I am literally sitting in the truck waiting on the lady to get her final stuff together. We're rolling out of Lexington in the next 15 minutes. Should be on the water by about 3 or 3:30 at Sulphur Creek.

Mischief IV
07-12-2019, 11:38 AM
Also, a dinner is planned at Pier 42 for those that want to stay the evening.
Will need numbers for the restaurant so let me know when you see me.
I have tentatively scheduled 30-40 people for 8pm.

MJHKnox
07-12-2019, 11:54 AM
Dale Hollow Map for Saturday AM. Daniel will be there at Sunset until 11am (central time)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48266025607_02f0801afa_c.jpg

NoWake
07-12-2019, 12:35 PM
Is it “X” marks the spot, the circle or long circle?

MJHKnox
07-12-2019, 03:11 PM
Is it “X” marks the spot, the circle or long circle?

Good question - Dale Hollow Trivia: 1) the "X", 2) the little "O", or 3) the big "O"

NoWake
07-12-2019, 03:51 PM
Based on the treasure map I will say the X number 1. Has two put Ins and is right at the entrance. I enjoyed the boat trivia last year with the two side by side comps

Mischief IV
07-12-2019, 04:33 PM
Good call No wake, X marks the spot. West side of the marina!

Small circle is my 1950s era cabin and long circle is where my boat stays.

TitanTn
07-14-2019, 11:06 PM
Well the boys put together another great reunion at a beautiful lake. I'm sure many will be on here to share pictures and stories, but I put together a quick little video to give everyone a taste of the number of boats and what the lake looks like. We had a few more boats there that weren't rafted up at the time I took this video, but it'll give you a flavor of the participation. Thanks Daniel and Ben.

https://youtu.be/A3dIIkSmjM0

jgarWorldSG400
07-14-2019, 11:09 PM
We missed this. Is this always on Dale Hollow?

TitanTn
07-14-2019, 11:30 PM
We missed this. Is this always on Dale Hollow?

No, it's been at several locations, but we went to Dale Hollow this year just to try a new lake. We tend to move it around in the southeastern US to help people with the distance traveled. We regularly have people from Ohio, Illinois, and Florida (in addition to all of the states in-between).

jgarWorldSG400
07-14-2019, 11:35 PM
No, it's been at several locations, but we went to Dale Hollow this year just to try a new lake. We tend to move it around in the southeastern US to help people with the distance traveled. We regularly have people from Ohio, Illinois, and Florida (in addition to all of the states in-between).

Thanks! We live in east central Indiana and was thinking this was as close (5hrs from us) as it may be for a while. I’m hoping being in this thread will keep us updated for date and location for next year

Mischief IV
07-15-2019, 01:07 AM
Thanks for the awesome video TitanTN and bringing the old Salt up. Hope the trip home wasn’t too bad driving through the storm. It was so good to see you and your lovely wife. (And Ryan)

Another reunion in the books. Very different than years past for sure. It was hot but we got lucky and dodged the storms all weekend. Sunset Marina was a great place to stay for the last 4 days and watch all the big houseboats come and go. I for sure can’t wait to get back to 2019 land where cell phones actually have a cell signal. Nothing like trying to coordinate a reunion with no way to communicate with the masses.
Thanks to MJHKnox and Gogger for posting to other websites not named Supra Forum. Much of the success with the turnout was due in part to the their efforts.

I had a great time hanging with Jetlink for three days and going out slalom skiing in the early mornings on the Comp.
Great surfing on Sunday with Bsstevens on his beautiful SE. Thanks to both for traveling such long distances pulling boats in tow. You guys live close to 1000 miles apart from each other so ya’ll deserve a big medal (or free gas!)

I believe the final tally was 22 Supras and 1 Moomba for the afternoon raft up. Few came and went quickly but I believe most of us were tied up for close to 4 hours. I kinda lost count on boats as I was at the far end and couldn’t see the other end. Every where I looked I saw another new Supra on this lake. It was a very impressive turnout by the DHL locals and good to have the core group show up from IL, OH, FL, along with the founding members from Chattanooga, and the boys from Knoxville. Special shout out to the Unicorn for making an appearance that surprised us all.

I’ll try to post pics up when I get back in this week and fully recover from this adventure. Again, thanks to all those that participated and made this year’s reunion a success.
InAir, you were sorely missed.

MJHKnox
07-15-2019, 07:59 PM
Well said

Mischief IV
07-17-2019, 05:02 PM
Some pics to share...Thursday PM checking in to Sunset Marina

https://i.imgur.com/4w30kbZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/C7EpPgE.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5drypoH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/inW7liC.jpg

Mischief IV
07-17-2019, 05:05 PM
Thursday evening dinner at PIER 42 restaurant.

https://i.imgur.com/Z6vJziD.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/uefVc36.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Bn2w3QV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5jqaw2V.jpg

Mischief IV
07-17-2019, 05:15 PM
Friday PM. Went searching for a place to raft up for the reunion. Met some other Supra owners diving at the cliffs before meeting up with Bsstevens from FL with his SE and then Jetlink and his better half made it on the water for an afternoon ride after arriving from IL.

https://i.imgur.com/qwfYz2A.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/nu5I1F1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Eo1FvuU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/tWY7Tot.jpg

Mischief IV
07-17-2019, 05:31 PM
Friday evening continued returning to Sunset Marina. Docking up for the night at our rental slip which was very short walk to the cabin. All three of us were next to each other in the dock and we also had cabins 7, 8 and 9.

https://i.imgur.com/Mpj90wn.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/KEiTfSP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/KWjAnVb.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/iots3MF.jpg

Mischief IV
07-17-2019, 05:42 PM
Saturday morning wake up call was a 7:45 am slalom session. Sorry about the pics. I was the driver, spotter and photographer.

https://i.imgur.com/u6gV1m1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/15Z2u5z.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/GQ9G0KK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kuoXEbp.jpg

Mischief IV
07-17-2019, 05:52 PM
Saturday PM raft up. Headed upstream about 10 miles or so and found a nice cove to raft up in. Got a few middle fingers and some polite words from the Nautique guys after they left us a nice wake and we politely asked them to move on. Wish I had gotten that on video.

https://i.imgur.com/L82ybMN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/bL8OlQX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/YEm6pqg.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kcrE6A5.jpg

Mischief IV
07-17-2019, 05:54 PM
Saturday continued...

https://i.imgur.com/hOIgiGr.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/sXBVFb9.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Mt0kVGC.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/itZ1K7c.jpg

Mischief IV
07-17-2019, 05:57 PM
Saturday continued...

https://i.imgur.com/TqP2s8n.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/eZZLDQY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/33F8taS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5vYrm1U.jpg

Mischief IV
07-17-2019, 06:00 PM
Saturday continued...

https://i.imgur.com/CeGNcwa.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/MeVIWyl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CpBVmkg.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/l1UdGeL.jpg

Mischief IV
07-17-2019, 06:02 PM
Saturday continued...

https://i.imgur.com/StWE7Zb.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vO6VT4k.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/4TPfB0S.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ABrtsDJ.jpg

Mischief IV
07-17-2019, 06:05 PM
Saturday continued...

https://i.imgur.com/QxmkJZi.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9HbpU4R.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/S4dzDbr.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Qxegjby.jpg

Mischief IV
07-17-2019, 06:08 PM
Saturday continued...

https://i.imgur.com/C0uty6F.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/8Kcsy3B.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/lBBRZ5X.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/lybh84u.jpg

Mischief IV
07-17-2019, 06:11 PM
Saturday continued...

https://i.imgur.com/NKSjJUV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/chsi979.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/zSIogMy.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hwrA5i3.jpg

Mischief IV
07-17-2019, 06:13 PM
Saturday continued...

https://i.imgur.com/xgymAo5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5eTR1Ff.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/18aGLNx.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/3hHCJWz.jpg

Mischief IV
07-17-2019, 06:16 PM
Saturday continued...

https://i.imgur.com/9naFIq2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ZgxRjPE.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/uAI795L.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/x0mwr3W.jpg

Mischief IV
07-17-2019, 06:21 PM
Saturday continued...

https://i.imgur.com/7YUEF9B.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/And1XZm.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/W77uckw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Mt0kVGC.jpg

Mischief IV
07-17-2019, 06:30 PM
Saturday continued...

https://i.imgur.com/prBadUQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/v4BV1XV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/nZUOwPS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1tLew5e.jpg

Mischief IV
07-17-2019, 06:38 PM
Saturday continued...

https://i.imgur.com/xxa7HSI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/IUeh4Io.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/XWSSj35.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1FRPLuP.jpg

Mischief IV
07-17-2019, 06:50 PM
Saturday continued...Action shots.

Please do not post pics on other websites without my permission. Thank you! If you want a pic, be happy to send to you via email.

https://i.imgur.com/ZbIUNi5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1ADJNZS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/PDyUQvn.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/FeobJc7.jpg

Mischief IV
07-17-2019, 06:54 PM

Please do not post pics on other websites without my permission. Thank you! If you want a pic, be happy to send to you via email.

https://i.imgur.com/zE3FeI4.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/W0GkWDJ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/EHzslAa.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/3pb78w2.jpg

Mischief IV
07-17-2019, 06:57 PM

https://i.imgur.com/ihTHKJv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/GGCv7lC.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/BYLAKeX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7Kn3U9b.jpg

Mischief IV
07-17-2019, 07:05 PM

https://i.imgur.com/wzC2ZYg.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QwZrZ5D.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kUQnJRz.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/scUIYRu.jpg

Mischief IV
07-17-2019, 07:31 PM
Saturday continued... This is the end of Saturday's events. We went to dinner after a Supra day of fun and it was an honor to be in attendance with the 3 other founding members that I met over 7 years ago and newer members over the last 2 events. A lot has changed in our lives but our friendship has only grown stronger due to the instant connection we still hold to the classic Supra boats that brought us together to begin with. I personally have made best friends along the way with all these guys. Thanks for 8 great events! This evening won't soon be forgotten.

https://i.imgur.com/IH1v9v1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/RaDfajs.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/MXKssEq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/nI8BNi5.jpg

Mischief IV
07-18-2019, 02:13 PM
Sunday Morning...another slalom session began at 8:30 this morning with Jetlink.

https://i.imgur.com/LwEOaJS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ddpA2Mt.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/iEVGch8.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QsD32qx.jpg

Mischief IV
07-18-2019, 02:20 PM
Sunday Morning continues...Mrs. Jetlink and I decided to try our luck jumping off the cliffs around the corner from Sunset. It was much higher than the pics show but Mrs. Jetlink was fearless to jump unlike myself that had to think about it for a few minutes before taking the plunge.

https://i.imgur.com/aUN2ZrJ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/tqGxD9m.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/bEwmVrK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7qsocU2.jpg

Mischief IV
07-18-2019, 02:29 PM
Sunday afternoon...Jetlink decided it was time to try out the 242 wake with the wakeboard as we made our way into Kentucky. With the extra lead weight ballast in rear, my wake is washed out on one side so it wasn't set up perfectly for him but since he is only the 3rd person to wakeboard behind my boat, I believe it was satisfactory for the time he went.

https://i.imgur.com/sskiATv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/WH3GCRd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hf20Jfo.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/3UOKadv.jpg

Mischief IV
07-18-2019, 02:32 PM
Sunday afternoon...we made our way around this large lake by getting gas at Willow Grove and then heading up to Sulphur Creek Resort to eat our lunch and take a bathroom break. Another new Supra found its way into my camera lens.

https://i.imgur.com/1S9lEin.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hBrzcdr.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/h2sLlSp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/j9Q79Bx.jpg

Mischief IV
07-18-2019, 02:36 PM
Sunday afternoon continued...time to hook up with Bsstevens and crew and head up to Wolf River and find more cliffs to jump.

https://i.imgur.com/FiA8PGZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/FYq676l.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/8F3ZYeV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Nqu1rdW.jpg

Mischief IV
07-18-2019, 02:39 PM
Sunday afternoon continued...just hanging out and relaxing at the cliffs.

https://i.imgur.com/odJhZfl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/b0voEVj.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/sQP4DdO.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/684wgqa.jpg

Mischief IV
07-18-2019, 02:43 PM
Sunday afternoon continued...Bsstevens and Jetlink decided it was their time to do some cliff jumping. The went twice besting the first jump by going higher.

https://i.imgur.com/KuGiY33.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/DHrzDl6.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/63qdia1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/BoL4XXh.jpg

Mischief IV
07-18-2019, 02:45 PM
Sunday afternoon continued...second jump.

https://i.imgur.com/evxDcjK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CD93lPx.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/k9clXra.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Qy1oG2b.jpg

Mischief IV
07-18-2019, 02:51 PM
Sunday afternoon continued...time to go surfing. Mrs. Jetlink wanted to give it another try after doing well at last year's event. She may have swallowed more water this year with some of the spills she took but managed to give a valiant effort regardless.

https://i.imgur.com/Yg6lgUM.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/s2QqeKc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/TLLGP5V.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/tZujKVQ.jpg

Mischief IV
07-18-2019, 03:01 PM
Sunday afternoon continued...we switched over to real surf boat as we boarded Bsstevens immaculate SE. We also annoyed a few houseboats that were going up the channel with us. Always funny to listen to their argument as to why we shouldn't be out there with them. Few words were exchanged but we survived to live another day.

https://i.imgur.com/JCbNjIH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/BrVol3S.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/dewTbHe.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xmDqjxK.jpg

Mischief IV
07-18-2019, 03:07 PM
Sunday afternoon continued...as I failed another 360 attempt. Started off good but ended like most...with a good faceplant. I loved the height of the wake compared to my 242 and trying out the Phase 5 board. Thanks Brian!

https://i.imgur.com/Afzm2j1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Y6knIe8.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/bAELFcc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ySg4Ccg.jpg

Mischief IV
07-18-2019, 03:10 PM
Sunday afternoon continued...Jetlink got into the action as well followed by my wife. (no pics of the wife or I get a divorce...her words not mine!)

https://i.imgur.com/DWyeCuj.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/eVgcNQU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9rrMRRi.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Av11RWY.jpg

Mischief IV
07-18-2019, 03:15 PM
Sunday afternoon continued...by having Bsstevens put on a show behind his boat. He doesn't fall as much as I do so it was a pleasure driving for him.

https://i.imgur.com/lbhmBu9.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vCMKCQP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/opRnTQe.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ot6zAlu.jpg

Mischief IV
07-18-2019, 03:27 PM
Sunday afternoon...becomes Sunday evening and it's time to load up the boats and prepare for the drive home on Monday.

Thanks again to all that made this a fun weekend coming in from far and wide. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Until next time!

https://i.imgur.com/60nLFXU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gqye23M.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/szzngAf.jpg

Jetlink
07-24-2019, 07:35 PM
The reunion was a blast again as always, aside from Kentucky traffic and roads making me want to circumnavigate the entire state next time instead of driving through it. The drive was more manageable as it was shorter for us at about 1100 miles. The marina was great and definitely on the list of places to visit again in the future. Looking forward to this again next year already and hope to see more of you there.

MJHKnox
07-24-2019, 09:54 PM
The reunion was a blast again as always, aside from Kentucky traffic and roads making me want to circumnavigate the entire state next time instead of driving through it. The drive was more manageable as it was shorter for us at about 1100 miles. The marina was great and definitely on the list of places to visit again in the future. Looking forward to this again next year already and hope to see more of you there.Already talk of DHL Part Duex?

Jetlink
07-25-2019, 11:49 AM
Already talk of DHL Part Duex?

Initial planning for next year has already begun. Some exciting changes have been floated already so stay tuned for the announcement with details later this year once we start to dial it in.

-The Management

jgarWorldSG400
07-25-2019, 08:51 PM
Initial planning for next year has already begun. Some exciting changes have been floated already so stay tuned for the announcement with details later this year once we start to dial it in.

-The Management

Thinking it will be DHL again?