PDA

View Full Version : 07 launch tower rack issues

TxCalvert
01-15-2019, 08:14 PM
My swivel board racks on my 07 launch won’t swivel, and rubber/ plastic boot is shot. Does anyone know what manufacturer built these towers? At this point I need a rebuild kit or simply replace to existing swivel mount itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJHKnox
01-15-2019, 11:26 PM
My swivel board racks on my 07 launch won’t swivel, and rubber/ plastic boot is shot. Does anyone know what manufacturer built these towers? At this point I need a rebuild kit or simply replace to existing swivel mount itself.

I few years ago backing into the driveway one summer weekend night at 11pm and my rack caught a tree branch.

I ended up buying a new set from Roswell. Now I have an extra swivel. I called them b/c the part was not listed on the web site. FL company.

The only reason I did not buy something else was the tower had a space for the existing swivel to mount.
I could have put a 'plate' on the tower mount to cover it up, but I just went the replacement route.

robert.d.oates
05-29-2019, 09:27 PM
I’m not sure how old this post is, but I just bent and cracked one of the racks that looks like the attached photo (bottom one). Did you have the whole assembly or just part? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190530/b7059cf2d223e7fbfeee92c74213daba.jpg

dubyam
05-30-2019, 11:11 AM
I can't speak for the OP, but I do know that Roswell sells new tines in various configurations (wake/wake, surf/wake, knee/wake, surf/surf, etc.) which will bolt right up to these racks. I may eventually buy a knee/wake set of tines, as I still like to kneeboard, but I'm having trouble swallowing the $379 price tag. For the forks you need, a pair of wake/wake forks, the price is a somewhat nicer $229 per pair from Roswell directly. Check their website and maybe give them a call and see if they'll sell a single fork.

robert.d.oates
05-30-2019, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the information. I saw the same thing on the website, but also was discouraged by the price and you had to buy the pair. I was also wondering if folks were upgrading to the larger ones now and what they might do with their old ones.

I may just get the bigger combo one for wake surfers too anyways!

MJHKnox
05-30-2019, 07:03 PM
Not sure what surf boards you are using, but forks/tines will damage surf boards.