PDA

View Full Version : speedometer "dome"

riveredge
05-27-2008, 09:57 AM
Hi, I'm looking for the dome-shaped piece of plastic that goes over the speedometers on an '89 comp. I know these are common Airguide speedos found on a lot of boats, but also that Airguide is out of business. Anyone had any luck locating these in doing a restoration?

Thanks!

River dweller
05-27-2008, 08:46 PM
I located a set of new ones in a box at a local marina "lucky" they say that the best you can usually do is go to skidim.com and get the faria ones, they look pretty good. I have a couple of domes from my old ones, but they both have a crack in them, your welcome to them.

riveredge
05-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Well, the ones I have are totally cracked throughout and look terrible. One crack would be a lot better than what I have... I'd be happy to buy those from you or at least pay for the shipping? I'm also looking for a good way to restore the instrument panels that are faded... lots of ideas and no easy solution yet.

RJGOACHER
06-25-2008, 09:08 PM
i have two airguide speedos for a mastercraft. these are black face with white letters. the go from 3- 50mph. they were taken out of a 94 pro star 205. one works perfectly. one leaks water internally. i would sell them both if you are interested.

riveredge
06-26-2008, 09:41 AM
I may be interested... I sent you an email just now....