PDA

View Full Version : 21V ballast drain pump

LloydP
05-28-2008, 07:23 AM
It appears that my left rear ballast drain pump is not working. I can hear the right one, but not the left. However, where is it, and how do I get to it? The other one sounds like it is under the floor in the stern. Is there a way to get to it?

Thanks.

Lloyd

cocheese
05-28-2008, 09:09 AM
Mine was doing the same thing last week. I am no expert by no means, but mine only has one pump. It uses solenoids to control the flow of water to each sack. All of my sacs would fill except the right one. There is a fuse panel under the dash behind the steering wheel. On mine, it is on the left hand side (looking at the steering wheel) and I swapped out the fuse for the right ballast and it started working. That would be the fist thing to try.

cptsupra
05-28-2008, 12:08 PM
For draining, there are 3 separate pumps. I would still check fuses before trying to get to each pump, they are cumbersome to say the least in my 2008. Also check switch connections directly behind the switch. If both fuse and switches are connected then I would be letting my dealer handle the hassle of getting to that pump.

LloydP
06-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Turns out it was the fuse, which is a relief. I wouldn't enjoy trying to replace the pump.

Thanks for hte help!

Lloyd