PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Sunsport

michael hunter
05-29-2008, 12:48 AM
Purchased new in 89 all stock except the New Dimensions tower and upgrade stereo
Kenwood reciever,Kicker gunwale speakers,fusion 3 way tower speakers powered
by diamond 200 watt amp.
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/SkiDogHHRSupraPicture009.jpg
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/SkiDogHHRSupraPicture010.jpg
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/SkiDogHHRSupraPicture008.jpg
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/SkiDogHHRSupraPicture017.jpg

michael hunter
08-02-2008, 09:17 PM
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/Beach%207-15-08/gooddayonthebeach7-15-08012.jpg
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/Beach%207-15-08/gooddayonthebeach7-15-08011.jpg
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/Beach%207-15-08/gooddayonthebeach7-15-08010.jpg

kingwoodlee
08-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Man, that is a great looking "older" Supra. Next year it will be 20 years old! I hope your New Dimension tower works as well as mine does. Superb quality and looks. Enjoyed looking at your pictures.

michael hunter
08-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Man, that is a great looking "older" Supra. Next year it will be 20 years old! I hope your New Dimension tower works as well as mine does. Superb quality and looks. Enjoyed looking at your pictures.

Have you posted any pics of your boat. We are currently looking for a new boat
one that is good for wake surfing. I don't want to add ballast to the 89 It has done
a good job for 20 years it was never intended to be a wake boat. I will keep it
stock I have room to store it. I drove a CC 210 great ski,wake board and surf
The BU 23 drove out good too very good wakes. The MC X15 was very good but the ski wake was steep and tall. I also had a hard time at the dealer not very friendly.
I still need to test the Supra 21,22 I will probably buy for next year.

michael hunter
09-24-2008, 08:57 AM
bump to front page

csuggs
09-30-2008, 08:33 PM
I enjoyed looking at your boat and the great shape that it is in! I just bought an 86 Sunsport Skier. It runs well and everything is there and works - all original. I will have to do some interior work with cushions, etc. Any suggestions on interior resorations?

Clint

michael hunter
09-30-2008, 09:40 PM
My interior is original we have wiped it down after every
outing with Murphy's oil soap for the past 19 years. Recently
I read that the oil soap wasn't good for the vinyl. I have since
switched to Exquisite and 303 protectant. If your interior is
salvageable try the Exquisite and a brush.

michael hunter
01-06-2009, 06:28 PM
I installed a 10" Kicker sub with a 400 watt amp and a two
battery system. The sound is much better with the sub.
The stereo is run totally run off the deep cycle 2nd battery.
I installed a isolator that charges both batteries when the
engine is running. In storage now, no luck on the new boat
I will look again at the Chicago boat show.

jtak
01-07-2009, 10:37 PM
That's a great looking old supra....I think i'm allowed to call it old since I have an 89 comp that I wouldn't trade for anything I have seen in the dealers showroom. These old Supras are timeless in appearance and mine was built like a tank, nearly 20 yrs old and not a single stress crack in the gel, no shakes and rattles and starts like a champ everytime. I recently hit a submerged object so my Comp needs a prop, but it will be up and running in no time.
Congrats again on a great looking Supra.....

skeezer
01-09-2009, 10:53 PM
Loved your pictures. I have a 89 Conbrio and would be hard pressed to find a replacement with out dropping some serious $$.307

malibusteve
01-10-2009, 08:34 PM
man, you should be very proud of the way that boat looks. That really sets the bar for what all of us with newer boats should be doing with our rigs. It looks like you kept it real nice while enjoying it at the same time. congrats....awesome boat

michael hunter
01-11-2009, 12:05 AM
man, you should be very proud of the way that boat looks. That really sets the bar for what all of us with newer boats should be doing with our rigs. It looks like you kept it real nice while enjoying it at the same time. congrats....awesome boat

Thanks to all for the complements. There is no secret to the way
the boat looks. I have owned my boat 20 years It has never been
outside unless being used. It has never been dirty or wet for any
amount of time. We always clean inside and outside at the ramp
before going home. When I winterize it takes 3 or 4 days everything
is removed and cleaned, lubed and repaired if needed. It only takes
about 20 Min's to dewinterize and we are ready for another summer.
We have used this boat hard at times been in 2-4 foot waves in lake
Michigan never letting things go will keep your boat looking new too.

2002 LAUNCH SS OWNER
01-12-2009, 03:19 PM
Very nice 89 Sunsport,a buddy in Osoyoos lake had the exact boat for 19 years also, He loved his 89 SS, but has since bought a 2004 Launch SS direct drive. I was so impressed with both of his boats I bought a 2002 Launch SS myself. The 89 Sunsport and 2002/03/04/05 Launch hulls are very simular to the 89 Sunsport.

Your boat looks great with all your new hardware
I have just added 2 Unison pro speakers, 3 amps, new Clarion cd and a Alpine sub,4 polk db651speakers, Roswell si team mirror and Roswell caddy rack for one side.

If I spend any more money this year the wife will stop being friendly.
Dave

michael hunter
01-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Very nice 89 Sunsport,a buddy in Osoyoos lake had the exact boat for 19 years also, He loved his 89 SS, but has since bought a 2004 Launch SS direct drive. I was so impressed with both of his boats I bought a 2002 Launch SS myself. The 89 Sunsport and 2002/03/04/05 Launch hulls are very simular to the 89 Sunsport.

Your boat looks great with all your new hardware
I have just added 2 Unison pro speakers, 3 amps, new Clarion cd and a Alpine sub,4 polk db651speakers, Roswell si team mirror and Roswell caddy rack for one side.

If I spend any more money this year the wife will stop being friendly.
Dave
Your boat sounds great can you post some pics?

mapleleaf
01-17-2009, 12:10 PM
thanks for the advice on the tower.... That NDT looks great on your boat. They really do keep an OEM look. Still not sure which way I'm headed, this is my first boat, so I'm a little budget restricted, oh yeah I've got a 10 month old too!!! Where's the time to work on my boat????

michael hunter
01-18-2009, 10:43 AM
thanks for the advice on the tower.... That NDT looks great on your boat. They really do keep an OEM look. Still not sure which way I'm headed, this is my first boat, so I'm a little budget restricted, oh yeah I've got a 10 month old too!!! Where's the time to work on my boat????

Congrats on your 10 month old you will have a blast in about 6 years. You can also
try Bullet line for a tower they look like quality stuff and less money. I think they are
out of Texas.

2002 LAUNCH SS OWNER
01-19-2009, 05:39 PM

Yeah I am not that computer savy but I will get the wife to give me a hand and send you some pictures. Will also try to get some pictures of my buddies
89 Sunsport as it is exactly the same color and everything as your boat.

YOUR BOAT IS AWESOME, THEY ARE TRULY A GREAT CROSSOVER HULL,GOOD
FOR WAKEBOARDING AND STILL A DECENT WAKE FOR WATERSKING.
Dave

mapleleaf
01-19-2009, 09:53 PM
thanks! can't I get him behind the boat sooner??? I was thinking I could at least start with a tube or something, I've been without a skiable family boat for too long, this conbrio is getting used!
I have, however, realized that the higher freeboard may be where we're headed. Those SunSport's look a lot more roomy as well. I was reluctant because I thought the wake would be too big for skiing, now that I've read a little I may have been wrong. There are a couple on my lake in Northern Michigan (Crystal Lake), I think this year I'll have to start asking around. Long story on the mapleleaf to michigan deal.....
I love a good project and my conbrio needs one, but looking at your pic's I kinda wish I'd spent the money and bought something w/o rotten carpet...
I'm pulling the interior next weekend and will post some better pics of her when i get back (boats at the farm).

2002 LAUNCH SS OWNER
01-19-2009, 11:08 PM

Here are some pictures of my boat taken at the end of September when I brought it up from Seattle. When I get my boat out next I'll take some pictures with all my new hardware and send them in to the forum page.

Dave

2002 LAUNCH SS OWNER
01-19-2009, 11:22 PM
Yeah I am not that computer savy but I will get the wife to give me a hand and send you some pictures. Will also try to get some pictures of my buddies
89 Sunsport as it is exactly the same color and everything as your boat.

YOUR BOAT IS AWESOME, THEY ARE TRULY A GREAT CROSSOVER HULL,GOOD
FOR WAKEBOARDING AND STILL A DECENT WAKE FOR WATERSKING.
Dave

Michael,

I have sent some pictures of my boat but they are small thumbnail prints when you try to open them. How did you get such big pictures on your original post?

Dave

michael hunter
01-20-2009, 09:47 AM
thanks! can't I get him behind the boat sooner??? I was thinking I could at least start with a tube or something, I've been without a skiable family boat for too long, this conbrio is getting used!
I have, however, realized that the higher freeboard may be where we're headed. Those SunSport's look a lot more roomy as well. I was reluctant because I thought the wake would be too big for skiing, now that I've read a little I may have been wrong. There are a couple on my lake in Northern Michigan (Crystal Lake), I think this year I'll have to start asking around. Long story on the mapleleaf to michigan deal.....
I love a good project and my conbrio needs one, but looking at your pic's I kinda wish I'd spent the money and bought something w/o rotten carpet...
I'm pulling the interior next weekend and will post some better pics of her when i get back (boats at the farm).

You are right your son should be on the water in no time. Skiing with
the sunsport is ok for recreational skiing. Pulling through the wake
can be done but you need higher speed a power wake plate would help.

michael hunter
01-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Michael,

I have sent some pictures of my boat but they are small thumbnail prints when you try to open them. How did you get such big pictures on your original post?

Dave

Dave

After putting the pics on the computer go to photobucket.com.
Set up an account and move the pics to photobucket once there
you can change the size. When you get the pic correct then
right click the img http box under pic choose copy then go back
to the Supra forum and left click and choose paste the photo will
be transferred. Make sure you move the flashing bar down below
the text or other pic or it will put it next to instead of below.

2002 LAUNCH SS OWNER
01-20-2009, 05:15 PM
Micheal: Thanks for the information on posting pictures, will try it this evening
from home pc

Dave