PDA

View Full Version : 21V Surfing

jamkit
05-29-2008, 06:29 PM
How do you setup your 21V for wakesurfing?

Ed G
05-30-2008, 12:05 PM
Did you know that the Moomba BB has a Wakesurfing forum?

If your hull is similar to a Mobius, you probably will get an answer pretty quickly.

C'mon over!

cptsupra
05-30-2008, 02:44 PM
I put 200-300 lbs in the front bag

Then I fill 440 lbs in the corresponding corner of the rider.

I put everything (cooler) and everyone on the same side as the rider.

PP on wkbd mode set at 11 mph (adjust down a little for lighter riders, up a little for most of me and my friends)

Wakeplate setting in PP is set to go to 10% (for this one, depending on how much weight is INSIDE the boat), I adjust the plate up in percentage to alleviate white wash.

This hull in particular is kind of an anomaly since we are basically all ready pushing a tank through the water. If you find a way to move the sweet spot back a little further from the boat, then please share. Right now the sweet spot for me (185 lbs and not very advanced) is between 8 to 3 feet from the platform.

Also, Ed is right on with the Moomba website. There is a lot of participation on their forums and they are all real helpful.

Hope this helps.

cptsupra
05-30-2008, 03:35 PM
An analysis of the problems were facing from someone that definitely has more experience than me...

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/565265.html?1212111597

jamkit
05-30-2008, 04:49 PM
Ed G,

I believe the hulls are completely different.

Thanks for the feedback!

I have the 1150 bag in the center and moved the old center bag (650 i believe) to the back. Filling these completely along with a couple of guys in the corner the wake is not very impressive. Sweet spot is about 2 to 3 feet from the swim platform.

Keep the suggestions coming!

Diggs
06-09-2008, 12:31 PM
I always did it just like you have it... maybe a little more weight up front and speed up a hair..... it makes a good surf wake.... good luck

Supra_Launch21V
06-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Set it up last year on my 2007 21V.

Purchase two:

Pro X Series Fat Sac™ - W707 (rears)

Purchase a couple 80 lb bricks (to counter act hyper-active kids)

There is no re-plumbing. Just reroute the hoses. Everything works and fits perfectly.

Fill one side completely. Fill the other side 25%. Fill the stock bag up front 60%

Set the trim tab to 50%. Drive at 10.5 to 11 mph.

goto to video.google.com search for "mississippi wakesurf" for an example.

The video was taken with very high winds that day, however, check out the height of the wave - even with the tops being knocked off.

The video was of me surfing for 15 minutes or so. I just chopped it up to reduce the video size.

Wayne