PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump

jrh1010
05-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Does anyone know the part number or the name of the pump that is above the fuel/water separator on a 99' supra launch with a 5.7 350 MPI engine? Thanks for any help.

stevoreno
06-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Does anyone know the part number or the name of the pump that is above the fuel/water separator on a 99' supra launch with a 5.7 350 MPI engine? Thanks for any help.

I am also looking for this information for a 2000 Legacy - 5.7 MPI. (probably the exact same setup). The sensor sitting on top of that has come loose (which causes engine to not run) and I'm looking for a better fix than electrical tape.

JRH 1010, are you asking because you are having problems with that also?

jrh1010
06-02-2008, 03:16 PM
I am. My fuel pump is making a horrible noise. Loud enough I can hear it through the engine box. I have the part number of the fuel pump at the house. It was $350 from my dealer and I could not find it anywhere. Indmar said it is a discontinued part, but they have a kit that comes with the pump and 2 or 3 other things necessary for the change.

stevoreno
06-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Have you been able to figure out what that actually is - the piece above the fuel/water filter? Discount Inboard Marine says it's a high pressure fuel pump that Supra used for a few years and to call Supra about it (which I have not yet done). Mine is working fine - it's just the sensor on top of it is loose. Does yours have a small sensor/clip on top with a wire coming off of it? (I may post a pic)

(Sorry to but you with a bunch of questions - I know you're looking for answers not questions!)

jrh1010
06-02-2008, 09:45 PM
no problem Steveoreno. It is a high pressure fuel pump. To get the part, I called Indmar. Got the part number and diagnosed the problem and then Indmar would not sell me that part so I had to go through my dealer who I am sure marked it up 100% atleast. OK, sorry for the rant. If you call Supra, they are going to call Indmar to ask for the part. If you are like me, I like to talk to the people direct to learn a little something. As for the clips, I cant head you in the right direction there, but if you need the number for the pump, I do have that. There is a clip on top of the fuel pump attached to a relay that is spliced with the low pressure fuel pump. Is yours rigged like that? I have the same clips (I think) on my fuel injectors.