PDA

View Full Version : Gopro unable to connect

Brian SE 550
06-14-2019, 10:31 PM
I have a 2019 SE 550 and cannot connect my Gopro Hero 7. the boat has it on the list but will not connect. I have also tried to connect it to a 2019 SA at my dealer showroom, Same outcome. Any suggestions?

hotdiesel
07-18-2019, 05:09 PM
I've talked with about 10 different '19 owners that all tell similar GoPro stories, none of which ended in 'mine works'. This was a pretty big feature that came with the updated helm. Our Hero5 Session actually connected and was controllable the first time. Had a couple failed attempts, then was able to connect again. But that was in the first few hrs of owing the boat, and since then, nuttin. GoPro is known for having somewhat klunky interface, even their IOS app is really flaky. We sent a bunch of info to the factory guys, but I've not heard much back other than them asking for camera and Dash firmware details.

Any factory folks on here that can help shed some light? Is this an issue with Supra side or GoPro side?

I'm ok to give them time to work out the bugs, but I'd like to have some confidence someone is working on it.

CoffeeAdik
08-19-2019, 03:19 AM
So this is not an isolated issue?

Have you tried this? "Remove the Camera Entry from the App’s Device History & Re-Pair
Due to a number of factors, the connection between app and camera can become out of sync, particularly when attempting to reconnect to a previously paired camera. If you’re having problems reconnecting to a camera that
has previously been paired to the app, try removing the camera entry from the app’s device history and freshly pairing it again using the below instructions:"

I think that might help you guys with your concern.
If not try contacting gopro customer help :) or maybe sell and buy a new one (https://www.adorama.com/used).

KnoxSA
08-23-2019, 04:03 PM
Something came out about the dual band GoPros and connecting. People were having success using the 2.4ghz vs the 5.0. Maybe that helps.

Six4ya
02-20-2020, 07:10 PM
Having the same problem 2020 sl450 can not connect GoPro hero 8 black tried everything please help

MJHKnox
02-24-2020, 11:22 AM
Having the same problem 2020 sl450 can not connect GoPro hero 8 black tried everything please help

I would check with your dealer, it was a known software issue for the 5.0 mode.

Try setting the GoPro 2.4gz (slow), close your GoPro phone App, and turn off the WiFi on your phone.
I think other boat makers had this issue too, Nautique, and that was the solution for some of those owners, worth a shot.

Read about it freezing up too. . . . software compat. items.

Rjacobs
04-12-2020, 09:34 AM
I am not sure if this is helpful, but what I did, was make sure that the Go Pro is on 2.4gz. When the boat screen asks for the password, it is the password in your camera, not the password you used in the Go Pro App. To find the password in the camera, you have to go to preferences, then connections, then camera info. The first password the GoPro gave me had characters that weren’t available on the key pad on the boat. I had to reset connections on the camera to get a new compatible password. Once I did that, it synced up and works great. I hope this is helpful.

06-07-2020, 11:24 AM
Do you connect a gopro hero 8 black?

Portmax29
07-12-2020, 11:58 PM
I was having the same issue with my black hero 8 on my 2020 sl450. I ended up calling the factory and they said the hero 8 is not yet compatible but they are working on getting a update, just not sure when. He recommended I get a 7 or under and it would work. Well, got the black hero 7 and connected right up on the 2.4 doing and used it this weekend. Hope that helps anyone.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

svienb
09-28-2020, 08:55 PM
it was a known software issue. you should buy gopro hero 9 (https://www.bnwcollections.com/products/gopro-hero-9-black-price-in-pakistan).Wow, is this BOT spam marketing.
Impressive.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2in2out
09-29-2020, 01:08 PM
it was a known software issue. you should buy gopro hero 9 (https://www.bnwcollections.com/products/gopro-hero-9-black-price-in-pakistan).

If the firmware for the Hero 8 hasn't been updated by SC, that makes the probability of a newer, more complicated firmware working with the Supra system less likely.

I'm glad I ran across this thread again, because I was almost about to be sucked into trading in my Hero3 for a Hero9, but if SC hasn't updated for the Hero8 yet, the likelyhood of the Hero9 working is probably slim.

Anyone running a Hero9 have any stories to tell, not including those that involve painful urination and unaccounted for periods of time?

svienb
09-30-2020, 12:57 AM
If the firmware for the Hero 8 hasn't been updated by SC, that makes the probability of a newer, more complicated firmware working with the Supra system less likely.

I'm glad I ran across this thread again, because I was almost about to be sucked into trading in my Hero3 for a Hero9, but if SC hasn't updated for the Hero8 yet, the likelyhood of the Hero9 working is probably slim.

Anyone running a Hero9 have any stories to tell, not including those that involve painful urination and unaccounted for periods of time?From the multiple threads on the GoPro topic my conclusion is, it doesn't matter what version you have it doesn't really work and if it does it sucks.
You are better off just having someone film on there phone and whatsapp the video.
It would great to see this feature work but I don't believe it's worth the gamble to buy one.
Has anyone contacted the CIO of SC to see if this is an issue they are actively pursuing?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

smithsim
02-09-2021, 03:23 PM
Will the Gopro 9 hook up? or do I have to suffer with the 7?

Bri49er80
06-12-2021, 12:17 AM
Have not been able to connect my Hero 9 to my 2021 SA. Debating going with a Hero 7 or scrapping it altogether. Anyone have success connecting GoPro Hero 9 yet?

Jkcar
06-11-2022, 12:51 PM
Does anyone know how to reset the gopro screen? I have a 2021 SL and the gopro screen is froze on "connecting".