PDA

View Full Version : Supra 2009 Wishlist

mvd
06-16-2008, 09:34 AM
Hi,

Here is my wishlist of supra options for the 2009 models:

+ Optional black swifel boardracks on all models
+ Optional black speakers and lightbaron all models .
+ Optional black wakeboard tower on all models.
+ Optional extra radio remote in the boat (ex. at the back near the backseats or in the bow).
+ Skip the transom remote.
+ The ski lockers left and right in the back coated with water resistant material and a drain(because i put in my wet ski's and suites in there).
+ Fuel consumption meter (flowmeter that counts the amount of gallons/litres each hour).
+ Horn button in the centre of the steeringwheel.
+ Better headunit setup (these Kenwoods units are not that new).
+ Dasboard Switch where you can disable the speakers in the boat and only operate the towerspeakers.

This is my list that would make my new Supra complete.
I realy hope that SC reads this forum and think about the comments we ''customers" make.
If they know how to make there products better, they are worth the $$$$.

michael hunter
06-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Yes to all on the list then add
1- put the Sunsport bow seating on the launch
2-let the rear steps be an option on the Sunsport
3-world package for the Sunsport
4- move batteries out of the storage compartment

FoiltechLaunch21V
06-16-2008, 08:52 PM
And move the cross braces in the floor plates so they will not rub a hole in the fuel tank. Or at least line them up so they fit in the grooves when the boat is being put together.

MTT
06-21-2008, 02:19 AM
Greetings Supra Leadership:

I agree with the previous items mentioned by other Supra enthusiasts. Please consider the following enhancements to an already legendary product:

+ Lower the height of the Helm Dash and Port Side Glove Box to improve visibility

+ Add Drains to Port and Starboard Storage/Ballast compartments

+ Lower the breaking point on your folding towers to allow easier storage in tighter fitting garages

+ Add casters to Trailer Prop Guards

+ Offer Playpen configuration on the 20SSV similar to the 21V

+ Move Bow cupholders on 20SSV from under the bow filler cushion to a more accessible place.

+ Improve lighting in Storage compartments

+ Offer Gravity games package on all Launch Series models.

Looking forward to seeing the 2009 line-up. Thanks for listening.

Best regards,

MTT

FoiltechLaunch21V
06-21-2008, 08:52 AM
A few more additions

A bilge pump at the lowest point in the hull (maybe around the V-drive) or @ front ballast.

A longer hose from the oil pan drain line ( that will reach through the plug hole)

Fold up arm rest on the drivers seat.

Storage shelf or pockets @ drivers feet right side in front of cup holder

Add 12" to the tower bimini so it will extend beyond the windshield (Rain drips back in the cockpit)

Just my input for what it's worth!:):)

indyeng24
06-22-2008, 10:14 PM
+ Tilt the helm radio control so that you can see it without crouching down while driving.

+ Insert so that you can make the cooler smaller if all the space is not needed. (22 SSV)

+ Rail to hang gloves on that doesn't block access to cup holders.

cptsupra
06-23-2008, 07:08 PM
Echo: Tilting Helm Stereo Remote

Dual Bilge pumps, 2nd T-plug, or similar solution to water build up in front ballast compartment
Removeable carpet throughout the boat or at least no carpet and instead textured fiberglass in rear ballast/storage compartments

klewis
06-26-2008, 01:12 PM
I would like to add:

-Make sure the accent stripe directly under the rub rail is at least 3.25" in height in front of the bilge and horn vent so that registration numbers will fit in that space.

mvd
06-30-2008, 11:03 AM
SC is reading this topic. I send the link to product development and the replied that they liked the tread.

phenom_1819
06-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Let me start with... I love my Supra so far! Of those that were mentioned, only a few ideas resonated with me:

My list (only the last two offer anything new):
1) tilt adjustment on the drivers' stereo remote (you can't see it in the sun)
2) Thicker hull-stripe below the rub-rail for registration decals (at least 3.25" for 3" decals)
3) lower dash 1" (or raise drivers' seat 1") -- I'm short at 5'8" and have to sit upright to see
4) Come up with a draining system under the ballast bags in the rear compartments, like a raised mat that allows air underneath (hey, I just realized I can do that myself...!), or line-x'd floors back there...but no sacks directly on carpet. Wet carpet plus wet environment (Seattle) makes for nasty smells and surface mold...
5) Get rid of the docking lights on the 22, they aren't necessary and are too close to the waterline.

That's a pretty short list. Nice work, Supra!! :)

mvd
07-03-2008, 07:16 AM
- Better color configurator on the website. If i look at websites of the other big brand wakeboard and skiboats is see some pretty need and usefull color configurator. The one on the supra website and moomba website totaly can't compare with that.

- More interior color options.

enolten
07-14-2008, 05:09 PM
One of the updates for the 09's will be auto shut off for the ballast and they will fill a lot faster....just ordered a new 09 22 SSV and they would not release all the new stuff yet...i do think that they need to renew the boardracks...not really to happy with them...maybe a new clamping system like mastercraft??

jsantos615
07-19-2008, 02:28 AM
Yes to all on the list then add
1- put the Sunsport bow seating on the launch
2-let the rear steps be an option on the Sunsport
3-world package for the Sunsport
4- move batteries out of the storage compartment

Hmmmmmm...I have a Sunsport that has both the rear steps and the playpen seating. The decals say Sunsport, but the title says Launch.

Oh yeah...I'd love it if the 24s had something to make the boat more maneuverable in tight quarters, since my wife hates docking the thing. Doesn't Mastercraft offer a bow thruster?

jonyb
07-20-2008, 11:15 AM
Ditch Kenwood for better audio equipment.

Jerimy75
07-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Just picked up a new (4 Hrs.) 2007 Sunsport 22V so some of these items may already be added/fixed on the 2008 but in addition to everything that has been listed above here are my suggestions:

1. Hard sided ballasts or provide shelves/ plastic bins that are secured on top of the ballast so things aren't stored on top of the ballast.

2. Correctly size the ballasts. The front ballast is just shoved into the compartment and doesn't fit, when it fills it lifts the access door. Also right rear ballast is too big for compartment.

3. Guages for the ballasts so you can adjust how much ballast is in each. Also, if you could connect that to the PerfectPass, that would be trick.

4. Snap in carpeting so the inside can be hosed down.

Just my .02

5. Playpen/3-up seating on Sunsport series.

6. iPod jack for direct connect.

7. Switch to allow only tower speakers on, or atleast fade the boat speakers down (already mentioned I know but worth a second).

cocheese
07-24-2008, 10:39 AM
I second the drain plug under front sac. Our 2000 MB B52 direct drive drain plug was in front of the motor and eliminated all the water and trash when pulled. We can park on a steep hill and get ride of the water, but not the grit and slime.

enolten
07-25-2008, 08:20 PM
09's have new boardracks, new graphics, new colors, 3 ballastpumps...and snap in carpet is an option...

mvd
07-28-2008, 11:25 AM
Where and when would the updates be announced? My supra is going in production half august

tazz3069
08-03-2008, 10:35 AM
I do not have a Supra Yet. I have the 07' LSV right now. I am looking for something that has more room in it. If I were to get the 24SSV or a Supra in General, I would like to see the following:
1. Built it hard tank for the Ballast. These tanks should have guages on them to monitor the water level. The bags are nice. They are a pain sometimes. I need to remove some of the items before filling them up.
2. Better Stereo epuipment and wired properly. I remove my entire system and rebuilt it myself. My brother-in-law just purchased his new 24SSV. He is haveing major problems with his stereo. The big amp is cutting out when it get hot. I have the same amps as he does. Mine are wired way different. To this day, I do not have any problems with it at all and the sound Kicks arse. (Polk Momo Speakers, Boston Acoustic 10" sub, MB Quartz Tower Speakers, Kicker MX700.5 and a KicK MX350.4)
3. Love the big wake behind the boat. I also Ski. I would like to see a smoother wake when the plate is all the way down.
4. Secondary switch to turn off the tower speakers when not in use.
5. Relocate the ballast switches.
6. Insulate the Ice chest area. I am getting tired of the ice melting in less than an hour .
As stated before on this thread. They changed the fill time and added more pumps for the ballast. That a big plus. I would love to see some of these changes. That would probably help me with my decision on purchasing my new boat.

tazz3069
08-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Where and when would the updates be announced? My supra is going in production half august

There is a big meeting and a test run here in Las Vegas. My dealership is going to the meeting. I think that all the upgrades and changes are going to be revealed. They told me that they do not even know the changes that are being made other than the color, pumps, and minor little things. I think that the big changes will be discussed then. I will keep you updated.
Tazz

enolten
08-04-2008, 09:40 AM
dont know when they will officially announce the updates....i went to the factory a week ago...i will get my new 09 this upcoming weekend....first 22 ssv of 09...Lime green and black!! they lowered the helmstation, 3 ballastpumps, new boardracks, snap in carpet and new graphics...btw...doesn't holland suck for wakeboarding??

tazz3069
08-04-2008, 10:05 AM
enolton--
Are they still using the Ballast Bags? Do you know if the water is pumped in faster?

enolten
08-04-2008, 12:15 PM
They told me that it would fill up all 3 bags within 5 minutes...each bag has it's own inlet and pump. they still have bags...i think the bags are great...easy to go to more weight if you want to.

mvd
08-04-2008, 12:17 PM
dont know when they will officially announce the updates....i went to the factory a week ago...i will get my new 09 this upcoming weekend....first 22 ssv of 09...Lime green and black!! they lowered the helmstation, 3 ballastpumps, new boardracks, snap in carpet and new graphics...btw...doesn't holland suck for wakeboarding??

If there is no wind and rain it is fine. Only gas is here so expensive. You guys would probbaly be in shock if your hear the prices. 1 liter is € 1,70!!

Can you tell me what things has changed compared to the 2008 models? Is the snap-in carpet an option?

enolten
08-04-2008, 12:19 PM
The rain and wind suck...i just moved to the States from holland 5 years ago(lived in zaandam)...the weather is better and the gasprices are still allrite...about the carpet..yeh that is an option...

enolten
08-04-2008, 12:21 PM
btw...they will be coming out with a complete new 21V, totally forgot to mention that!! that's a good looking boat!!

btbaeder
08-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Will the 2009 21V be offered without the playpen seating?

mvd
08-08-2008, 05:58 AM

Well love to hear what alle the changes compare to the 08 models are.
So if you get it, make pictures and share as much information as you can.

My boat is beeing produced 13 august

mvd
08-13-2008, 04:58 AM

PICTURES??????????????????????????????
If your boat is delivered last weekend you should be the first to have new pictruse of the 2009 models

enolten
08-13-2008, 11:58 AM
will pick my boat up either today or tomorrow....pictures will follow....

enolten
08-20-2008, 09:37 PM
here are some additional pics with graphics....

SupraZolt
08-27-2008, 11:58 PM
A real Slalom boat!

Mark17
09-14-2008, 11:02 AM
I own a 2004 Gravity Games 22SSV and I would like to see the following upgrades and changes:

1) Hard ballast tanks built in below deck with complete in helm LCD ballast monitoring system as well as auto fill/shut off/drain. The system on my boat is unacceptable and to be competitive with Mastercraft and Malibu this needs to be changed. Fat sacks above deck built directly into the storage compartments is not the way to go. Storage compartments are just that- They are for storage not fat sacks. The problem is below deck ballast tanks are not as safe as above deck tanks. The solution is to incoporate a ballast monitoring LCD display with auto fill/shut off/drain pump system that is heavy duty enough to handle a problem should it arise.

2) HID/Xenon/LED lighting system throughout boat. HID/Xenon Tower lights, Remote LED Court Lights, HID 360 degree nav light, HID or LED Docking lights and LED Underwater Transom Lighting.

3) Heated seats, snap in carpet and swivel board racks.

4) JL Audio or MB Quart Audio componets throughout. Enough of the low end audio componets when I'm paying 70-80K on a wakeboard boat I expect 70-80K in quality in return.

5) Bring Brittany Blue back to the Gravity Games Edition. It's the best color avaiable in any boat on the market and it makes my boat the best on the water in terms of looks. It's awesome and needs to be back on the flagship!

DKJBama92Mariah
09-14-2008, 08:13 PM
OK, I'm gonna stand on my soapbox for just a second.
I would like to see at least an OPTION to order either a Crusader or PCM powerplant. At least give customers the choice.

SC has got to be working hard here. Yall are a demanding bunch, but rightfully so when you're paying $70k+ for a boat.

Also, PLEASE give these folks a separate volume control for the tower speakers. I completely understand and respect the desire to have tunes while boarding. What I do not understand is the desire of a select few boaters to use their tower speakers to impose their taste in music upon an entire anchorage. Please at least give these guys the option to listen to their music without being pricks.

OK, I'm off my soapbox now, game on.

On other notes, I'm pleased with the option for snap-in carpet; long overdue. A second bilge pump in the rear should be STANDARD. Leave the transom remote where it is, I like it and use mine quite often.

They may not have room to lower the dash anymore with the number of gadgets in today's boats. I do feel your pain though. I'm 5'10" and can barely see over the dash on my 92. If they don't come with a flip up pedestal on the helm seat to elevate the driver, they should.

Seat heaters? I'm not going to say anything except that I'm getting very old.

If they are still using a 1" shaft instead of 1.25", that needs to change. 1" just isn't enough with the increased HP of these new engines and the massive amount of weight these boats are asked to carry.

DKJBama92Mariah
09-14-2008, 08:43 PM
One other thing. To the new members in this thread: Welcome to forum.

FoiltechLaunch21V
09-15-2008, 10:25 PM
How about a drop down DVD from the bimini. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

dents
09-17-2008, 12:19 PM
1st post so whats up guys! I have a 21i Tige and thinking about an '09 22ssv. I heard that '09 will offer a full wrap around seating option in the 22ssv and walk thru option as well. So basically you can make a sunsport and a launch the exact same boat. That was my biggest request as i dont really care for the rear facing deal behind the driver's seat. Only other thing that I wonder about is that is would be nice to have the trim tab adjustment on the throttle handle like on the Tige. I am not sure if there is any kind of patent Tige has on their TAPS related to the button placement on the throttle or not?? But is looks a LOT better than Supra's lever thing by the steering wheel. Other than that great job to Supra!

FoiltechLaunch21V
09-17-2008, 04:09 PM
Ballast TANKS under the floor would be really nice. With gauges!!!!!

NothWestRider
10-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Need a gage that will tell me the level of the ballasts.

I would love to see some type of boat leveling system, something that shows how the boat is setting on the water. This is what I am thinking. It seems that every time I have five or more riders I have to move them all around to get the wake just right. Now if I could see that with full ballast the boat throws the best wake leaning 5 degree to the right, with 15% bowrise. Then I could use the ballast to get the boat to set at these angles with out having riders move all over the place. This would also work sweet with wakesurfing were you lean the boat way hard to one side or the other. If you could set this in perfect pass, you would true have a system that no competitor could match.

WakeSurf trim tabs, not sure, if it would work as planned. However, I have seen fishing boats that have two tabs on each side of the back of the boat. Just for fun, I ran one all the way down while the other was all the way up. The boat ride cockeyed leaning down about two feet down on one side. The same ride you want with WakeSurfing. If this works the same on wakeboarding boats then we may not need to have crazy uneven ballast systems for WakeSurfing.

Snap in carpets everywhere. I sick of my moldy smelly carpet I get from the leaking ballasts.

Cup holder next to the swim platform, sucks that you have to get back into the boat to set a beer down.

Walkway into the boat like with the sunspot, why would I want people walking all over my seats just to get into my boat.

Hinges on the lids of the cooler so it stays in place and add a AC element so it keeps temp better.

Love the Z5 cargo racks just wish I could have my rack in the boat while it’s in its normal position. We found a way around this by higher the cargo top and then disconnecting the hinges and attaching it to the tower with a strap. Work well but still a pain.

For those of us with the heater option you should vent them to heat to undercarriage were the ballast are, then we could get some heat down there to air it out and dry it off at the same time. Now when its 90 degree outside I’ll still be using them to dry the boat out 100% faster. For me this would be huge!