PDA

View Full Version : 85 Mauruder Floor replacement

JTF-CMC
09-22-2019, 06:04 PM
MARAUDER- sorry

Is there anything that I should be looking out for while replacing the floor?
I am going to take up all of the old flooring remove all of the seats that I can… Remove all of the plywood underneath the flooring and then replace with half-inch or three-quarter marine plywood.

After that I’m going to put down my marine floor carpet.

I’m also going to reframe the motor cover plywood that is connected to the floor. It goes up about 6 to 8.

Also the backseat is squared off and I’d like to re-frame a backseat that is more comfortable than the squared off backseat is currently in the boat.

Anything I need to look out for… Or mistakes I need to make sure not to make?

michael hunter
09-23-2019, 06:27 AM
There are lots of posts about stringers . After you get the old floor up check the stringers for rot. You may have to remove some foam to get to the stringers. The 84 comp I did used 5/8 plywood for the floor.

Salty87
09-28-2019, 10:24 AM
First post, welcome. If you haven't read up on the topic spend some time searching stringer rebuild, floor rot, etc. It's really uncommon for the floor to show soft spots without having some stringer problems. The foam is notorious for getting waterlogged. It's all very doable.

Forgot to mention the link to my rebuild in my signature. It can be a big project but you can end up with a like-new boat.