PDA

View Full Version : 07 Launch Fuel Pump Update

DooSki
06-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Has anyone had the 2nd fuel pump added to solve the vapor lock issue on the 07 Launch's? If so do you find the noise coming from the new fuel pump to be a bit excessive when at idle?

It's driving me nuts.

Thanks

FoiltechLaunch21V
06-20-2008, 09:50 PM
I added two more blowers front and rear the fuel tank also put an exterior vent tied into the fuel tank had no more problems with mine. Never added the 2nd fuel pump as of yet. Where did you install the extra pump?

DooSki
06-20-2008, 10:00 PM
I added two more blowers front and rear the fuel tank also put an exterior vent tied into the fuel tank had no more problems with mine. Never added the 2nd fuel pump as of yet. Where did you install the extra pump?

Sounds like a good idea, dealer did mine but made no mention of the pump sounding like a hover craft.

It's screwed to the starboard side of the engine compartment in front of the engine, just above the plumbing for the ballast lines, under the middle seat essentially.

I was hoping the pump was just faulty as I'm unable to hear the other pump.

Those relaxing night cruises where you just barely hear the rumble of the exhaust are no more. I need a fix.

wolff
06-24-2008, 12:11 PM
My 07 supra goes in on Thursday to have the second pump added. Did the dealer add the factor kit that comes from supra now.

DooSki
06-24-2008, 09:35 PM
My 07 supra goes in on Thursday to have the second pump added. Did the dealer add the factor kit that comes from supra now.

Yes as far as I know, I was told they were waiting for parts from Supra when they told me what the problem was.

Got an email back from Indmar and they say it should not be noisy and to take it back to the dealer, this thing spends more time at the dealer than it does on the lake. One big bummer!

FoiltechLaunch21V
06-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Is this something Supra/Skiers Choice is doing at their cost; (adding the 2nd fuel pump)??

DooSki
06-25-2008, 12:10 AM
Is this something Supra/Skiers Choice is doing at their cost; (adding the 2nd fuel pump)??

I'm sure Indmar is footing the bill, but yes it's covered under warranty.

wolff
06-25-2008, 12:04 PM
My dealership said supra is taking care of of the bill.
I know how you feel about the boat being at the dealership this will be my third trip, the first two was for other problems (bought the boat in new september 07 only thing saving the boat is the awsome wake it puts off) and it sucks the dealer is an hour away.