PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning the vinyl seats in my boat.

FoiltechLaunch21V
06-21-2008, 07:07 PM
Looking for something to clean my seats and interior with. Any suggestions?
I have tried everything that Overton's sells still not as clean as I would want.
Mostly where the seats touch each other is the worst. The boat is only out when we are riding rest of the time in a building. Thanks in advance.

cptsupra
06-22-2008, 08:02 AM
If midew is starting where the vinyl touches, try "Awesome". It is a citrus based cheap solution that I get from Dollar General. After I scrub with this, then I use "Fantastik" which I have been able to find at Wal-Mart.

And no, I am not being a smart ass. I really keep these two bottles in the cooler of my boat with some microfiber towels.

FoiltechLaunch21V
06-22-2008, 08:28 AM
Thanks I will try these products. Maybe I'm just a clean freak.:)

OUI
06-22-2008, 04:36 PM
To get your interior clean as new, use Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. You won't believe your eyes. Get the heavey duty ones. They don't last long but the heavey duty ones will last the longest. Fantastic is the best cleaner. And, never use Armoral.

FoiltechLaunch21V
06-22-2008, 05:40 PM
Thanks I have tried the Magic Erasers was not sure what they would do to the stitching after long use. And yes I agree Armour All has never touched this boat.

suprarider
06-22-2008, 06:22 PM
We were told to use GoJo hand cleaner, and it is absolutely the best. As for the mildew, it doesn't get rid of that, but if you lift up your seats and dry them out you shouldn'nt have any trouble. It does not leave a haze or greasy residue, cleans really well, from bug poop to nail polish. You can use it on just about anything in the boat. Keeps all of the upholstery supple and looking showroom new. And I second the Magic Erasers, just use the Go Jo afterwards.

FoiltechLaunch21V
06-22-2008, 06:43 PM
GoJo; Interesting Never would have tried that. I will try it. Thanks

FoiltechLaunch21V
06-22-2008, 07:59 PM
Tried the GoJo on a couple of my seats AWESOME!!!! Thanks again.

LloydP
06-23-2008, 07:08 AM
I use a product called marine Spray Nine. I have found it to be excellent, and I know a lot of the shops around here use it as well. Occasionally use 303 protectant afterwards. I only use the magic erasers on spots that don't come out, but they work great.

Lloyd