PDA

View Full Version : RE: Supra Beast Information

bkthecpa
04-20-2003, 11:15 AM
I am in the process of purchasing a lakefront home. The sale of the homes includes a boat called a Supra Beast. I was told it was built around 1988-1989. The current owner said it has a 500 CC Chevy engine. I do not know much about boats but want to learn a few things about it. Does anyone have any infomation or a genral value to this boat. It appears to be in good shape and is a 20' in length.

Thank you

dba4life
04-25-2003, 09:41 AM
Never heard of it. But I would like to!

Salty87
04-25-2003, 11:06 AM
i've heard of 'em, in fact my registration mistakenly lists my saltare as a beast.

this is my guess, i've seen one.....the original sunsport/launch design was taken from the beast. it looked like it was just shorter than 20 feet long and really sturdy. open bow with teak rails, everything looked rock solid like the difference between a checker cab and a regular cab. tall, thick gunnels and a high freeboard.

definitely worth taking a look at, a real head turner if you're into older models.

coach
07-29-2003, 01:56 PM
I have a supra beast. Kick ass wakeboard boat. 1987. Just put a new motor in it. 427 big block. Dyno at 490 hp. I have 600 pounds extra weight in it for wake and it dosen't even blink to get on plane. Get it! Late

SAMMYMAN
07-04-2010, 12:10 AM
I owned a supra beast. came with a 454 chevy and i bought it used. it was without a doubt the best boat i've ever owned. the power was spectacular and i always felt if you could fit enough ropes to the post i could pull that many people up... ;) i kept it docked at a lake and all we ever did was take off the cover, turn the key and go. never a falter. the only thing i remember as not liking was the fuel consumption was not great. but come on... it's a 454.

if it's in good condition and hasn't been beat, if i were you i'd buy it in a heartbeat if the price is right. great boat. i'm looking for the next size up in an open bow myself...

edgewater1
07-04-2010, 08:14 AM
Pictures if possible?

87SunSportMikeyD
07-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Pirata is a 24' closed bow Saltare with storage but no cuddy. Beast should be a closed bow verstion of the SunSport or maybe Rider.

The value of the boat would be somewhere in the range of $4-9k depending on condition. If you were to sell it, you would want to describe the boat as suitable for wakeboarding, wakesurfing, family cruiser. Best of luck and I hope you keep and enjoy the boat. Be ware though, that the support structure for the boat (between the floorboards and the hull) is built of wood and may possibly be rotten, making the boat unusable and bringing the value down $2-4k.

(edited for accuracy)

SAMMYMAN
07-06-2010, 02:09 PM
Don't Have It Anymore. Mine Was The 20 Model. Got Rid Of It Years Ago. Wish I Still Had It....

Am Boatless Right Now. Am Thinking About A Used Saltare In The Mid 90's Or Whatever I Can Afford. At Least A 22 Or Preferably Maybe A 24.

One Big Question I Have Is If I Were To Want To Take It To Sandusky And Go Out On Lake Erie And Do A Little Island Hopping To The Vinyards And Such. I Wouldn't Do It But Very Rarely.. Maybe Once A Year Or Twice At The Most But I'm Curious As To How A Supra Would With An Open Bow Would Do Up There.... If The Weather Is Perfect I Should Be Fine, But Erie Can Get Bad Real Quick And I Don't Want To Be The Guy You Hear About On The News....

Anyone With Any Opinions On Doing That Or That Does It Themselves I'd Like To Hear From

beast 496
07-06-2010, 09:41 PM
I own an original Beast. They are not a closed bow Saltari. But the original sunsport closed bow with a 454. They did not come with a 500 ci engine. Mine now has a 496 HO MPI engine. The Beast models also come with alot of teak trim. I removed all carpeting and install as solid tongue and groove Teak Floor. I have photos of the boat in past post's Alot of fun. The original engines are rated at 330 hp Al

ngavchris
07-07-2010, 08:02 AM
The original thread was 7 years ago. I would bet the house and the boat sold a long time ago. Just goes to show how old this forum is.

87SunSportMikeyD
07-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Sorry I thought the closed bow SunSport was called the Marauder. Maybe a Beast is a closed bow Rider? The closed bow Saltaire is actually the Pirata.

edgewater1
07-07-2010, 07:00 PM
what state/area are u in

darflinger
07-11-2010, 12:17 AM
I've got a 82 Beast 454 just finished a complete resto on it.. had this boat for 10 years. love it. would never want an open bow- seems like a boats version of a minivan to me.

87SunSportMikeyD
07-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Darf, she looks great