PDA

View Full Version : 89 Pirata

jpeters
06-28-2008, 01:17 AM
I recently purchased 89 pirata w/o any manual. If I understand correctly ,this has a 351 ford pcm motor. I am looking to do some tune up and cannot find parts. Most places only show a 302 in 89. I would also like to know if anyone can tell me what carb is on it and where to find parts for this beast.
holley/motocraft carb. Could also use some replacement decals if anyone has a source.

FoiltechLaunch21V
06-28-2008, 11:46 PM
I THINK that may be what they call a 351 Windsor engine marine version of the 351 Cleveland I had an American Skier that had this engine and most of the Cleveland parts would work. Not for sure though.

suprakid1
07-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Look up Discount Inboard Marine online and give them a call they can help you out.

Morphix
07-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah Skidim.com would probably know more. I can tell you I have owned 2 Supra Comps(1984 and 1992) and both of them had a Ford 351 Windsor in them which were both maranized by PCM. Chances are that you have a Holly Carb on it. Bare very careful with whatever parts you buy, make sure they are Marine parts and not for cars. Anyways Skidim.com has just about always had what I needed for my Comps. So you may want to start there like suprakid1 sugested. Check this link out, it may help you Identify your engine a bit better.

http://www.marineengine.com/manuals/pleasurecraft/PCM_service_model_id.jpg