PDA

View Full Version : 2015 550SE front bag will not fill.

Supersurfer
04-20-2020, 02:05 PM
I purchased a used 550SE last summer and love it!! Late last summer the front bag would not fill and I had my dealer come and look at it. They replaced a pump or impeller or something and it worked for the rest of the summer. Just put it back in the water few days ago and same thing, front bag is not filling. Side bags filling without problem. Can hear as did last summer when wasn't working sounds like bubbles moving through line going to front bag and do not hear that noise when is working correctly. Just wondering if there is something that I can do to check and see if pump not priming or something else that I can do to keep from having to get my dealer back out. Always big bucks. I am planning to have my greatest year ever of surfing! Chickamauga lake!!!! Chattanooga, TN. 19139

MJHKnox
04-21-2020, 10:56 AM
If this is your first outing using the boat, depending on how it was winterized, I would make sure the Valve is open where the water comes into the boat.

Make sure the brass cover plate in on the pump.

Check the hose fittings (make sure they are tight) on the Valve to the Pump, the two fittings on the Pump, and the fittings to the bag.

Your ballast bag probably has a Vent, check the hose and fittings to the side to boat.

Otherwise, it you have a 'priming' issue with air, you might want to turn the pump in reverse (drain) and the forward (fill). See if that helps the water prime to the bag.