PDA

View Full Version : east tn. supra moomba jamboree

jasonba1
07-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Hey everyone,

I am new to the supra family bought a 92 comp back in April and absolutely love it. I was just wondering if there is ever a supra/moomba jamboree here in East tn since the boats are made here? I have seen the post for alot of jamborees but it seems the closest one I can find is in Atalanta. Does anyone have any info. on this? If there is not one if I could help get it started how many of you would like to come.

Thanks for all the info.

Jason

DKJBama92Mariah
07-07-2008, 01:27 AM
I have had similar thoughts myself. I saw about the Atlanta jamboree, but i just don't trust my trailer to go 400+ miles on the interstate. I have been curious why they haven't had one closer to home.

Perhaps one for the entire Tennessee River valley: from Lake Ft Loundon down to Pickwick Dam.

I wonder how many folks would actually come out for one. Does anyone know how turnout has been at the other jamborees?

jasonba1
07-07-2008, 01:08 PM
I know of atleast 4 supra and moomba owners on ft. loudon that would go. I also personally know the people at label industries that make all of the shirts, hats etc etc for supra and moomba that are sold on their websites and I am sure they would defiantly be willing to participate.

If we can get some kind of headcount I will get started on getting it together. From what I understand as long as you have 20 boats skierschoice is willing to help out as well.

Thanks everyone and let me know who be interested in doing this probably sometime in August or whenever is best for everyone else.

Jason

DKJBama92Mariah
07-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Well I'd do my best to make it so that makes 6.

There is an active member here with a 2006 Comp; he is on Pickwick, and he might be interested. Alabama Water Sports in Athens, AL sells quite a few. I bet they could round up some folks. The owner of the dealership used to lurk on this forum. If he sees this I wish he would speak up.

Any other AL/TN/MS/GA folks that would come?

jasonba1
07-08-2008, 03:15 PM
I will also call knoxville watersports the supra and moomba dealer here in knoxville and see what they can help with.

FoiltechLaunch21V
07-09-2008, 07:45 AM
I will be there. I will call some of dealers in NC and see if they will help out.

jasonba1
07-09-2008, 11:58 AM
sounds great man. I am going to be in contact with natalie from skiers choice today to find out what all I need to do. I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks

Jason

brandonswhite
07-13-2008, 08:37 PM
I have a 22SSV I am in, I think this is a awesome idea. Kim at Knoxville watersports would probably help us out with contacts of local boat owners. maybe we could get her to send an email to everyone on her email list.

jonyb
07-20-2008, 11:13 AM
I'd drive to the Nashville area for a reunion, but not to Knoxville. Too far of a drive for me from Paducah, KY.

DKJBama92Mariah
07-20-2008, 06:50 PM
I'd drive to the Nashville area for a reunion, but not to Knoxville. Too far of a drive for me from Paducah, KY.

Knoxville would be a bit far for me too. Chattanooga, maybe. I just don't trust
my trailer on the interstate. The brakes, hubs, and actuator are all new; I just worry bout the springs;
guess i could go ahead and replace them. I could make nooga on almost all US and state highways at 55mph.

EDIT: Just looked online to price a new set of springs and remembered that 3 of my tires are 16 year old marathons.

FoiltechLaunch21V
07-20-2008, 10:36 PM
There are 6 of us here in NC that would come out to anywhere you guys want to have it. Would be bringing 4 Supras and 2 Moombas (If Moombas are allowed)
We would be riding Hydrofoils, wakeboards, wakeskates and stand-up foils.

jasonba1
07-21-2008, 03:11 PM
That sounds awesome man and by all means moomba would be gladly welcomed. I am still trying to work with Natalie at skierschoice but she has been extremely hard to get in touch with with all of the reunions that have been going on. I will defiantly let you know more details when I here from here.

ncarrera
07-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Hey Jason, are you the one who called me? We need to talk again to see what we can pull together.

Call when you get a chance.

Natalie

jasonba1
07-28-2008, 11:37 AM
Hi Natalie,

I am the one that you spoke with. I have called a few times and left a message but I will try again. If you want you can also call me at 865-850-4995