PDA

View Full Version : cosmetic, cracks

wakejumper
06-01-2020, 07:58 PM
I have a 2007 Supra Launch 21V, I bought the boat New in 2007 and had a few hairline cracks in the gel coat above the rub rail. was advised when bought the boat that the were cracks in the gel coat from the screws in the rub rails, we enjoyed the boat that summer and returned to the dealer in off season and they repaired under Supra Warranty now 13 yrs later there are 3 in the left front bow between the rub rail and top deck. the longest one is 3 to 4 inches long. the rest of the boat is almost perfect. do you think i have a complaint to have the dealer or Supra re repair this area?
the first one is about 1 inch long to the left of the nose, second one is about 3 inches long about a foot back an then another 6" back is the 3rd one.
looking for opinions, i know you all have them...lol

MJHKnox
06-01-2020, 09:54 PM
Post a pic

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

MJHKnox
06-01-2020, 10:04 PM
Something like a broken stringer or something else major, sure, but that would be rare.

2007 cracks under warranty, doubt it. But you can try.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

wakejumper
06-02-2020, 09:03 AM

MJHKnox
06-03-2020, 08:26 AM
Looks like you have a really clean 2006 if those are the only cracks.

I had some cosmetic transom work done years ago from spider cracks around the swim platform brackets and some cracking around the top-deck. My work was not covered by a warranty. Gel work and labor can get expensive if you have never priced anything like that out. It was done by a good shop and the avg person would never know it was repaired. I went forward with my repair b/c it had a lot more cracks on 3 different gel colors.

Good luck.

Turbinesurgeon
06-05-2020, 07:19 AM
I think this is very common with these boats. My 06 just developed some new ones this year. Seems unavoidable. I wonder what caused them though, is it the way the boat flexes in the water?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

samll
12-02-2020, 10:03 AM
I have a 2007 Supra Launch 21V, I bought the boat New in 2007 and had a few hairline cracks in the gel coat above the rub rail. With bad credit you can get a loan here was advised when bought the boat that the were cracks in the gel coat from the screws in the rub rails, we enjoyed the boat that summer and returned to the dealer in off season and they repaired under Supra Warranty now 13 yrs later there are 3 in the left front bow between the rub rail and top deck. the longest one is 3 to 4 inches long. the rest of the boat is almost perfect. do you think i have a complaint to have the dealer or Supra re repair this area?
the first one is about 1 inch long to the left of the nose, second one is about 3 inches long about a foot back an then another 6" back is the 3rd one.
looking for opinions, i know you all have them...lol

you should definitely try
even if the dealer refuses to repair it by warranty he could give you a discount

Larry Arizona
12-02-2020, 10:58 AM
Pretty sure Supra warranty on gelcoat is only 1 year.

13 years later is highly unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJHKnox
12-02-2020, 05:54 PM
you should definitely try even if the dealer refuses to repair it by warranty he could give you a discount

You can try, but most dealers will work with another party for gel and glass repairs.