PDA

View Full Version : 2001 vs 2002 SSV

RKG
05-09-2002, 03:08 PM
I am looking at a dealers demo 2001 SSV and would like to know what changes were made from 2001 to 2002 SSVs? I might consider stepping up a year if anything big was changed, if not I would take this one.

By the way Matt, what year was it that you came to the Nashville boat show. I was going through my boat materials and had your business card from the trip and remember talking to you.

RickT
05-10-2002, 09:44 AM
The Hippo and Tower became standard in 02 for the SSV. So check and make sure the equipment is the same. Probably are.. as most 01 SSV were ordered with this by the dealer. Other than the 02 having a new side driver's console they should be identical. Compare the engines as well...320 or 330 HP. Performance and construction is identical.
Hope that helps

RickT.

RickT
05-10-2002, 09:44 AM
The Hippo and Tower became standard in 02 for the SSV. So check and make sure the equipment is the same. Probably are.. as most 01 SSV were ordered with this by the dealer. Other than the 02 having a new side driver's console they should be identical. Compare the engines as well...320 or 330 HP. Performance and construction is identical.
Hope that helps

RickT.

goose
05-13-2002, 11:11 AM
RKG,
As Rick stated (twice hehehe) there is not a lot of difference between the 02 and 01 SSV. If the 01 has the options on it that you want then I would jump on it. The hull and deck are exactly the same for 01 and 02.

To answer your question, I have been to the Nashville boat show the last 2 years and will probably be there again next year. Good luck in your boat search. Kirk is a real good dealer for us and I'm sure he will take care of you whichever way you choose.

RKG
05-13-2002, 11:38 AM
I wish it had a few more options, but I can work on those. I need Perfect pass and a heater upfront, so I am hoping to work that out. Later, I need to add the stereo and shower options, but I can work on that.

Goose, have you heard of anyone taking a trailer and adding a swingaway tongue to it if it did not come that way?

Kirk is getting a boat soon that you may be familiar with (wink wink) and I am trying to figure out if I can afford that additional amount. The boat is loaded and really nice, just gotta work the numbers out. He showed me the pictures and it is awesome looking.