PDA

View Full Version : Launch SSV - center window shattered - how to replace?

keithf
07-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Hi, my 2002 SSV's center window shattered (for some unknown reason - this was while it was in my closed, locked boathouse) and needs to be replaced.

I called the local Supra dealer for advice, and they said the entire windshield needs to be replaced, so to bring the boat in, bend over, etc. Ok I guess I'm doing it myself!

I took out the two pins that hold the center window hinge together. Had to curve the lower one as it came out, to clear the cushion.

Now I need the center window glass replaced. I took it to a local auto glass place, but they could not do it as there is a curve to the center window frame. They offered to use plexiglass instead.

I'm holding out for glass. So I'm looking for any-one who's been there done that - where/who can replace the center window glass, with glass?

Thoughts? Thanks!

riveredge
07-13-2008, 10:22 AM
I've had to replace a lot of windshields this year on boats that had damage from the excessive snow we had... anyway you should be able to replace just the middle piece. You might have to get a part # from supra and then go to the windshield manufacturer itself. I have done this for 4 or 5 different boats (different brands too) this year with good success.