PDA

View Full Version : Adding side trim tabs on older boat?

Brian_289
09-02-2020, 10:47 AM
I see you can buy side trim tabs as an add on. Has anyone tried adding two smaller ones on each side to help shape the wave? I see this on newer stuff, and it doesn’t look that complicated to add on to my 06.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turbinesurgeon
09-02-2020, 01:32 PM
I see you can buy side trim tabs as an add on. Has anyone tried adding two smaller ones on each side to help shape the wave? I see this on newer stuff, and it doesn’t look that complicated to add on to my 06.

Do you mean like the Malibu Surf Gate?

Shoebox
09-02-2020, 04:55 PM
Look up "goose slappers" on wakegarage.com

michael hunter
09-03-2020, 06:43 AM
You can do that but they are only used one side at a time . The cheapest way is with a suck gate and move it to the opposite side you want to surf.

Brian_289
09-07-2020, 08:05 PM
Do you mean like the Malibu Surf Gate?

Yes, I talked to a guy on FB that retrofitted them on an older boat and said they work great. Only problem is they said Malibu will take you to court over it if you offer it to anyone.

Turbinesurgeon
09-07-2020, 10:21 PM
Yes, I talked to a guy on FB that retrofitted them on an older boat and said they work great. Only problem is they said Malibu will take you to court over it if you offer it to anyone.

Yeah I think if you try to sell a similar design they will take you to court. I don’t think they can if you build something for personal use. Malibu has a very strong patent and they defend it rightfully so.