PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about Upgrading from Outback to Supra

mase9921
07-13-2008, 05:30 PM
I am hoping to get some honest feedback from Supra owners. I own an '06 Outback and it was been a great beginner boat for me. I got a great deal on it and now I know exactly what I am looking for in a boat. These things include:

-Boat under 21' 6" in total length on trailor w swing tounge
-Collapsable tower
-Lots of built in ballast
-V-drive
-Different hull, my Outback is a rough ride in choppy water
-Boat that rides higher in the water, we get water over the bow a lot and its a very wet ride up there in general.
-Perfect Pass
-More storage

These are just some of the things I'm looking for. I think the Launch 20 SSV is most of these things, but I do not have a dealer very close to go measure the boat on the trailer. Can anyone help me out on that? I need to be able to store in my garage.

Also I have not riden in one, can anyone tell me if it cuts through rough water better than an Outback?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

klewis
07-17-2008, 12:28 AM
I dont have a 20, I have a 22, but I think you would be very happy with the Supra if you have liked the Moomba. They do sit higher out of the water and are much better in rough water. I previously had a 19ft Mailibu and this is so much better of a ride since it's not just made for hardcore skiing.

Go get that Supra!

FoiltechLaunch21V
07-17-2008, 08:13 PM
I have an '06 21V, Nice boat lots of room Rough water no problem,Everything you are looking for. I have been in and behind MC,Natiques, Malibu,Calabria,Centurion, Tige' and have to say for ride, pull, wake,money spent I like the Supra best, My 21 is just a bit bigger than what I want.I trade boats every 2-3 years (around 500-700 hours)and will be getting a smaller boat in the fall, Probably the 20SSV. You can't go wrong with the Supra family. Have not really checked as of yet on the trailer that comes with the 20SSV But I would recommend two axles.

girlsgirlsgirls
07-21-2008, 10:41 PM
i have owned a tige, malibu, and a couple others. i have found the 21V to be the most comfortable in the water. my daughters can sit in the front safely even through rough water. the 21v fits in my 7' garage which is actually 6' 10". with the platform off and short tongue on my trailer, no problem.