PDA

View Full Version : Looks like price went up on the 2021's

NG572
09-10-2020, 04:09 PM
Just took a look at the updated website for the 2021 models. Was it just me or did base MSRP go up another 5K? These things are getting to be a bit pricey...

Larry Arizona
09-10-2020, 05:50 PM
Just took a look at the updated website for the 2021 models. Was it just me or did base MSRP go up another 5K? These things are getting to be a bit pricey...

Typical increase every year, you get a few things that were options before in that price increase. The new heated steering wheel with full controls on wheel is standard where the discontinued gussi wheel was $1000+ option. So new wheel is likely $1200 of that $5000 increase.

Gatorstep is now standard,last year sea deck was an $800 option. There are a couple others small things, but it’s not a straight $5000 increase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mischief IV
09-10-2020, 09:01 PM
Heated steering wheel? $1200? What’s next, a built-in tattoo needle with ink?
Geez, a new generation of wusses.

The new Malibu has a dog bowl option. You can’t make this crap up.

Larry Arizona
09-10-2020, 09:12 PM
Heated steering wheel? $1200? What’s next, a built-in tattoo needle with ink?
Geez, a new generation of wusses.

The new Malibu has a dog bowl option. You can’t make this crap up.

The previous generation gussi wheel was $1200, the new heated wheel is standard.

MaliBU also has mist coolers in the tower, cools the cabin area 25f.

21 Supra helm seat is heated too.

Point is several new options are standard to justify the price increases, also new captains chair.

Mischief IV
09-10-2020, 11:35 PM
The previous generation gussi wheel was $1200, the new heated wheel is standard.

MaliBU also has mist coolers in the tower, cools the cabin area 25f.

21 Supra helm seat is heated too.

Point is several new options are standard to justify the price increases, also new captains chair.

Point taken but lame options nonetheless.

Just turn the lights out when it’s over.

michael hunter
09-11-2020, 07:01 AM
All my 85,89 and 92 have is the sweet sound of a direct drive V8 and yearly cost of operation less than the cost of a Gussi steering wheel?

Larry Arizona
09-11-2020, 07:42 AM
There really should be a different forum for the new Supras. I realize this is a classic Supra forum.

Apples to oranges, not trying to bum you out MH.

michael hunter
09-11-2020, 08:20 AM
No offence taken the new boats are built for the younger generation I'm an old guy that likes his old boats. I would bet if you asked your father of grandfather about buying a 175k boat to surf they would agree with me?? Enjoy your life while you can.

Mischief IV
09-11-2020, 11:34 AM
There really should be a different forum for the new Supras. I realize this is a classic Supra forum.

I hear Facebook is lovely this time of year.

Larry Arizona
09-11-2020, 12:37 PM
I hear Facebook is lovely this time of year.

F Facebook, I am way too old for that millennial $h!tshow.

No worries, I will move over to the moomba forum and leave you guys alone.

Mischief IV
09-11-2020, 12:52 PM

Lol, if you're too old for F FB, then nothing said here should offend you. :cool:

You're not bothering me any plus everything I say is just sarcasm which is a forgotten language.

Larry Arizona
09-11-2020, 01:14 PM
I am well versed in forum sarcasm and fun, it’s just that there is more action on the moomba forum pertaining to the modern Supra’s.

Mischief IV
09-11-2020, 01:59 PM
Yeah, but the problem on that forum is, there are too many Moombas.

michael hunter
09-12-2020, 09:13 AM
Larry Arizona you are absolutely right about the divide between the old Supras and the currant models. The only thing they have in common is the name . They aren't even made by the same company. Kinda like the Indian motorcycles.
If you are too old for FB you are way too old for the Moomba forum. I hope you find what you are looking for there if not you are always welcome here.

Larry Arizona
09-12-2020, 04:11 PM
Interesting. The moomba forum is very knowledgeable and helpful and zero whining like FB, good brotherhood over there.

When did Skier’s Choice and Tinkers take over the original Supra company?

Very happy with SC and their manufacturing process that focuses on quality first. My 2018 Supra SA was built like a tank.

2in2out
09-12-2020, 10:00 PM
Interesting. The moomba forum is very knowledgeable and helpful and zero whining like FB, good brotherhood over there.

Very happy with SC and their manufacturing process that focuses on quality first. My 2018 Supra SA was built like a tank.

Have to have LA’s back on this one. I lurk here for the original tidbit related to boats made in the past decade. The rest of the forum is a bunch of underutilized electrons.

Mischief IV
09-13-2020, 08:41 AM
Have to have LA’s back on this one. I lurk here for the original tidbit related to boats made in the past decade. The rest of the forum is a bunch of underutilized electrons.

I believe everyone has Larry’s back but what is a Sanger? Honestly, I had to look it up. I’ve never seen one, not even at a boat show, whereas I grew up with Supra when they set the standard and you could tell what type of boat it was from a 1/2 mile away.

In contrast, the new Supra owners come here and ask only one of two questions.
It’s either, “how do I set my ballast up for best wave bro?” or “why doesn’t this work?”
Hint: If it’s not a bad alternator, it’s probably a bad fuse.

Mischief IV
09-13-2020, 09:34 AM

The new regime took over in June of 2000.

Larry Arizona
09-13-2020, 09:43 AM
The new regime took over in June of 2000.

Never knew that, thanks for the history.

2in2out
09-13-2020, 06:05 PM
In contrast, the new Supra owners come here and ask only one of two questions.
It’s either, “how do I set my ballast up for best wave bro?” or “why doesn’t this work?”
Hint: If it’s not a bad alternator, it’s probably a bad fuse.

Speaks to the reliability and simplicity.

cjazmyn1
09-13-2020, 10:07 PM
Having an issue with my power tower. It won't go down
. Any tricks to reset?

Larry Arizona
09-14-2020, 11:13 AM
If the tower goes up, but won’t go down, my guess is the connection to the down button is loose. I would remove the tower panel and inspect the button connectors to make sure they are fully attached.

Oldernotwiser
11-16-2020, 02:56 PM

Hi guys, I am with Larry, not in the least interested in Facebook, and I bought a Supra, not a Moomba. Don’t have an issue with Moomba’s as I quite like them, but again I own a Supra. I chose to stay in the Supra forum and it lends credit to the name that there are so many older crafts here. Just because we like the new tech and surfing vs skiing or wakeboarding doesn’t make us bad people. Just having fun out on the water like everyone else with a heated seat and steering wheel easing the pain in our knees. Lol. I promise to never call anyone ‘bro’ or use the word ‘stoke’. Supra owners unite.....

Larry Arizona
11-17-2020, 10:18 AM
Hi guys, I am with Larry, not in the least interested in Facebook, and I bought a Supra, not a Moomba. Don’t have an issue with Moomba’s as I quite like them, but again I own a Supra. I chose to stay in the Supra forum and it lends credit to the name that there are so many older crafts here. Just because we like the new tech and surfing vs skiing or wakeboarding doesn’t make us bad people. Just having fun out on the water like everyone else with a heated seat and steering wheel easing the pain in our knees. Lol. I promise to never call anyone ‘bro’ or use the word ‘stoke’. Supra owners unite.....

That said, the moomba forum has far more information and resources towards the newer Supras.

Jetlink
11-17-2020, 04:52 PM
That said, the moomba forum has far more information and resources towards the newer Supras.

From another thread that highlighted the build slot allocation from Skiers Choice is probably the reason there. If there are 1200 new Moombas built to I think they said 500 new Supras, that ratio would drive more new Moomba owners seeking information and going to the Moomba forum and as a byproduct as the new Supras are similar to the Moomba the information carries over. There were a few Moomba guys that were on the threshold of spamming this forum and that resulted in the general disdain for them. That being said even though I own an old ski boat, I have nothing against the new boats save the price tag.

Mischief IV
11-19-2020, 12:27 AM
https://i.imgur.com/4juz8Dw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vWAFCuI.jpg