PDA

View Full Version : Take it-or leave it

Bret Cole
09-12-2020, 09:33 PM
During a wildfire if you had to evacuate would you take your boat or leave it behind?

2in2out
09-12-2020, 09:54 PM
Leave it. It’s insured. I’d get a build slot for a 2021. Being a FF, the boat, while life revolves around it, isn’t worth your life, or the life of a FF protecting it.

michael hunter
09-13-2020, 07:08 AM
If I could do it safely I would take it with as many other valuables packed inside as possible. Insurance is fine but they will not pay out the same as what the new boat will cost.

Larry Arizona
09-13-2020, 10:57 AM
Last thing I would take is my boat, it’s a TOY.

Grab your family/pets and be agile and quick, a boat will only slow you down and imagine getting stuck because you brought a boat, putting others at risk.

Hopefully you picked the “full replacement” option on your insurance policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mischief IV
09-13-2020, 11:19 AM
Interesting question. I can’t tow all four of mine behind me but with only one being irreplaceable, would make for an easy decision. Plus, with agreed value insurance, it’s really a no brainer to leave the rest.

I would hope time is on your side if you’re honestly thinking about this, otherwise you just jump and run no doubt.

rykermcdermott
09-15-2020, 10:20 AM
Depends on how much time I have, if i'm feeling time rich I might take the boat, especially since it can double as a storage trailer for more stuff.

If i'm out of time, I wouldn't risk getting caught over a boat, I will just GTFO.