PDA

View Full Version : Bilge Pump Location

CJD
03-29-2021, 10:08 AM
I have never been pleased with the stock location of the bilge pump on our 2005 24SSV. It is toward the rear of the bilge, and as the boat floats unloaded it still leaves several inches of water forward that could not be scavenged. This season I moved the bilge pump just forward of the V drive, where it seemed the deepest water was always trapped, and now the puddle moved aft when the boat is loaded with ballast. Uuugh.

Is anyone running 2 bilges to compensate for different loadings, maybe come up with another approach? It's not a huge deal, but gets annoying working in a wet bilge all the time.

MJHKnox
03-29-2021, 01:52 PM
My 2007 22 SSV came with two from the factory - one under the motor, the other in the center compartment.

CJD
03-30-2021, 10:59 AM
I think that is the answer...thanks!

Do they have separate outlets in the hull, or the same one? For a single it would take a couple check valves...

MJHKnox
03-30-2021, 09:13 PM
I think that is the answer...thanks!

Do they have separate outlets in the hull, or the same one? For a single it would take a couple check valves...Separate. Both go off the driver's side.
One in the back. The other by the driver.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

CJD
03-31-2021, 06:50 PM
Thnx...sounds like next seasons upgrade. It is interesting that the factory figured out it was a problem.

Turbinesurgeon
04-01-2021, 10:07 AM
Same issue with my 06. It’s just the hull shape which makes evacuating water difficult. When I drain water at home I have to jack the boat up with extensions to get the center to drain out the back. I just count that extra water in the bilge as ballast but I agree it’s annoying. I may do this mod as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJD
04-01-2021, 10:22 AM
For 10 years we trailered the boat. Part of the routine was to stop on the ramp and let the bilge drain. Now that it lives on the lake the bilge is always wet. It made changing fluids a mess this year.

asmithcveg
04-19-2021, 03:10 PM
Does anyone know how much water needs to collect in the bilge before the pump automatically activates? I have an '89 supra Mariah that I just purchased. The pump works on manual.

MJHKnox
04-22-2021, 09:07 PM
Depends on the model.

My 2007 had one like this. The water had to be over the blue part before the float switch would kick it on.

Many a times I would open the center hatch, see water, turn -on the manual switch, and pump a little water out. It was not much, but if you leave it, it starts to stink after a while.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210423/28f94d5f53d1fb72893cad06c0da649f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk