PDA

View Full Version : 06 21v launch 5.7 Indmar Engine upgrade

Artbjj
05-18-2021, 10:09 PM
Looking for help on improving torque or more power out the hole with riders and a few people on the boat.

Turbinesurgeon
05-18-2021, 11:10 PM
Looking for help on improving torque or more power out the hole with riders and a few people on the boat.

Might want to start out with a different prop. That would be a lot cheaper than a engine. The 5.7 320hp or 340hp Indmar Assault should be adequate for that boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

secondsupra2004
05-26-2021, 03:32 PM
Might want to start out with a different prop. That would be a lot cheaper than a engine. The 5.7 320hp or 340hp Indmar Assault should be adequate for that boat.

Absolutely right.

Turbinesurgeon
05-27-2021, 10:16 AM
Absolutely right.

Yes, yes just like my wife says [emoji6]

Brian_289
07-01-2021, 10:32 PM

A full rebuild and new prop made mine feel a lot more powerful

dsthomas05
08-04-2022, 10:40 AM
Has anyone tried a tune to upgrade between a MPI 325 to MPI 340?

Based on the spec the motors look exactly the same, aside from the max RPM. if that's the case, you should be able to unlock some extra HP on the top end with a tune. I found this tuner that claims to do the job.

https://www.magnumtuning.com/en/detail/smart-tune-x-boat-fuel-tuner-performance-module/indmar/assault-325-mpi

It would be interesting to try although I'm not sure if I'd what to be the guinea pig, but maybe there is someone out there braver than me :D.

Dave

Turbinesurgeon
08-05-2022, 08:46 AM
Has anyone tried a tune to upgrade between a MPI 325 to MPI 340?

Based on the spec the motors look exactly the same, aside from the max RPM. if that's the case, you should be able to unlock some extra HP on the top end with a tune. I found this tuner that claims to do the job.

https://www.magnumtuning.com/en/detail/smart-tune-x-boat-fuel-tuner-performance-module/indmar/assault-325-mpi

It would be interesting to try although I'm not sure if I'd what to be the guinea pig, but maybe there is someone out there braver than me :D.

Dave

Come on Dave, don’t be afraid to be a Guinea pig for the Supra team [emoji3]

This is interesting, website claims 17% power increase taking the Indmar 325 to 380hp and 340 to almost 400hp. I have a 2006 340 in my boat. I believe the differences are intake, throttle body, and computer.
My concerns are the longevity of the cats. I’m not an expert in tuning so I’d want to make sure this didn’t shorten the life of the cats being how expensive they are to replace.

MJHKnox
08-05-2022, 05:36 PM
Someone on social media was asking about a tuner made in China for $3-400 and wanted to try it on a Raptor Motor that was out of warranty.

Basically everyone was like: "go ahead and let me know how it goes"

Brian_289
08-28-2022, 09:50 PM
I rebuilt my indmar 325 with a decent valve job, mild porting and flat top pistons. I have just over 100 hours on it and it was a huge upgrade. The boat also had nearly 2000 hours on it. It needed it bad. I’d have yours rebuilt. My 06 is a brand new boat to me now. And I’m not lacking power