PDA

View Full Version : VSR Grounding

kithagen
05-29-2021, 10:42 PM
Hello,
Where should I attach the ground wire from my VSR? I have a 2011 22v Sunsport. I have read a couple of posts that have said to attach it to the negative terminal of my starter battery. Do people agree with that?

Thanks!

Wylietunes
05-29-2021, 10:44 PM
All grounds are common.

kithagen
05-30-2021, 08:45 AM
Mike,
I apologize for being a newb but what does that mean? Where should I attach the wire?

Thanks,
Kit

CJD
05-30-2021, 07:03 PM
What's a VSR?

What Mike is trying to say is the correct answer normally is the easiest ground to reach from where the component is located. At the rear, anything on the engine block, left front the battery, and under the dash any common ground wire.

If the VSR? is high current, then it will take some care to provide a substantial enough cable to ground to.

Turbinesurgeon
05-30-2021, 07:50 PM
What's a VSR?

What Mike is trying to say is the correct answer normally is the easiest ground to reach from where the component is located. At the rear, anything on the engine block, left front the battery, and under the dash any common ground wire.

If the VSR? is high current, then it will take some care to provide a substantial enough cable to ground to.

Voltage sensitive relay. I had to look it up.

Looks like the ground goes to a common bus bar and not necessarily the battery.

I just found this schematic

https://productimageserver.com/literature/ownersManual/58652OM.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wylietunes
05-31-2021, 10:25 PM
Mike,
I apologize for being a newb but what does that mean? Where should I attach the wire?

Thanks,
Kit

Electrically, all grounds are connected to each other.