PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Launch Spark Plugs

Rolltrain
06-10-2021, 08:59 AM
Probably a dumb question -
I am leaving For vacation tomorrow - Pulling the boat to Smith Mountain Lake and I will be picking the boat up from storage on the way. So I'll be changing plugs when I get there. That means I won't have a Spark lug with me for reference when I get to the parts store. Can anyone give me a reference # for Spark Plugs for the 5.7 liter in the 2001 Launch?

Or is it as simple as asking for a plug that fits a GM 5.7 liter for that year?

Thanks for any replies I might get!

Roll

secondsupra2004
06-10-2021, 10:01 AM
Probably a dumb question -
I am leaving For vacation tomorrow - Pulling the boat to Smith Mountain Lake and I will be picking the boat up from storage on the way. So I'll be changing plugs when I get there. That means I won't have a Spark lug with me for reference when I get to the parts store. Can anyone give me a reference # for Spark Plugs for the 5.7 liter in the 2001 Launch?

Or is it as simple as asking for a plug that fits a GM 5.7 liter for that year?

Thanks for any replies I might get!

Roll

My 04' 5.7 TBI takes MR43LTS plugs. I'm 99% sure yours are the same. FYI- I talked with an Indmar tech and he said it was a waste upgrading to Platinum plugs. Those are for later model engines with CATS.

Rolltrain
06-15-2021, 10:54 PM
My 04' 5.7 TBI takes MR43LTS plugs. I'm 99% sure yours are the same. FYI- I talked with an Indmar tech and he said it was a waste upgrading to Platinum plugs. Those are for later model engines with CATS.

Thanks for your help!!!

Roll

secondsupra2004
06-18-2021, 03:43 PM
No problem. Have a great vacation.