PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Supra launch ssv engine/exhaust popping and fluttering

winbolton
06-27-2021, 10:34 AM
My Supra has developed a popping and fluttering sound from the engine/exhaust. Including some engine power loss when it happens. I hear it a lot around 2700-3200 rpm when surfing. There is a exhaust pop or now getting into a fluttering noise for a few seconds. Any idea what’s causing it and how to fix it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

secondsupra2004
06-27-2021, 06:50 PM
My Supra has developed a popping and fluttering sound from the engine/exhaust. Including some engine power loss when it happens. I hear it a lot around 2700-3200 rpm when surfing. There is a exhaust pop or now getting into a fluttering noise for a few seconds. Any idea what’s causing it and how to fix it?

When was the last time you did any maintenance? Tune-up, plugs, wires,cap, rotor, fuel filter etc? I suspect something in the ignition system. You can also pull codes from the computer if you have a scanner or code reader.

winbolton
07-01-2021, 10:08 PM
I replaced the distributor cap and rotor which were 3 years old and corroded on the contact points. Running much better now

CJD
07-02-2021, 10:41 PM
I was going to say, exhaust backfire is always ignition. So coil, rotor, cap, wires and plugs are the areas to check.