PDA

View Full Version : Vaporlocking? Boat would'nt start

jonyb
08-10-2008, 10:47 PM
This problem has happened twice, for no apparent reason.

After sitting for a few minutes or an hour or so, I attempted to start the boat. It started, idled at 300-400rpm, would not respond to the throttle (in neutral or in gear), then died and would not restart.

The fuel pump was extremely hot at this time, but seemed to work properly. I removed the 4 or 6 bolts from the intake manifold, picked it up for about 2 seconds, then set it back on and tightened the screws down. The boat then started and ran fine for the rest of the day.

Has anyone else had this problem?

FoiltechLaunch21V
08-11-2008, 02:14 AM
Almost anyone with Supra or Moomba has had this problem. I fixed mine my self by adding extra blowers and another air line to my fuel tank. Skiers Choice will do something for you, if you contact your dealer. They will recommend running your blowers during extreme temperatures. Good Luck.
Even heard this weekend MC is having same problem, they have "in-tank" fuel pumps.

sandm
08-11-2008, 08:10 AM
this is the same issue that you posted a week ago. (http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=2164)
it's vapor lock, and is a known problem with supra/moomba, and have also heard malibu from our dealer is having similar issues. most are convinced it's the ethanol being added to gas lowering the boiling point.

if your boat is under warranty, then contact skiers choice and they will add another fuel pump if you push them, otherwise, like stated above, run the blowers all the time.

jonyb
08-12-2008, 10:48 AM
Sorry about that sandm, I couldn't remember if I posted that or not it wasn't on the forum anymore so it must've been archived.

rarasaurus
09-03-2008, 01:00 PM
I had this issue and as stated above indermar will add another pump under warranty. I would push for this we got the pump installed and the issue is now gone. No sense in running the blower non stop if you can get the problem addressed.

DKJBama92Mariah
09-04-2008, 06:00 PM
I had this issue and as stated above indermar will add another pump under warranty. I would push for this we got the pump installed and the issue is now gone. No sense in running the blower non stop if you can get the problem addressed.

Yes indeed. Bitch, moan, and scream until they make it right. Y'all paid big bucks for these boats; you should accept nothing less than a fully functional product. If the dealer isn't any help, scream louder at Indmar, Supra, and on this forum.

To those with this problem, be sure to get this fixed while you're still under warranty. Once it's run out, they are under no obligation to do anything and I wouldn't place any bets on ANY manufacturer (not just Supra and Indmar) paying out money just out of the goodness of their hearts.

cocheese
09-30-2008, 09:06 AM
We have the same problem on our '05 21v with winter blend gas. It is blended to vaporize quicker. I heard on the news the other day that gas companies are switching to winter blend earlier because of gas shortages. We fix the problem wetting a towel and placing it around the fuel pump for a minute or so. I then remove the towel and it will crank right up. I contacted indmar this spring and they said it was a known issue and as gas quality gets worse, the problem is more frequent.