PDA

View Full Version : Weighting a 89 Comp TS6M

azcummins
05-05-2003, 07:55 PM
After waking my 89 comp up after a 4 years hiatus from the water, I've become quite interested in the right way to weight down my boat. I've read some posts about people putting iron weights in their boats, but I want to stick with the fat sacs because I won't be pulling boarders 100% of the time. What is the right way to weight down your boat? The supra dealer in town says put 50/50 of the weight in the front and back, but I've read otherwise. Can I get by with just one sac on the back seat or do I need more?

Thanks!

Salty87
05-06-2003, 04:57 PM
the best way is to try it, one sack in the back should work pretty good but the farther forward you can get it, probably the better. maybe on the floor behind the engine box?

one sack on each side of the engine box is usually even better.

what size?

Nate Dawgg
06-01-2003, 01:24 AM
I have an 88 supra comp ts6m and i have a small compartment behind the back seat. I put 3 bags of sand in there and works great. I just dont like losing room to the fat sacks.

Tim
03-05-2004, 04:34 PM
Hi guys.....

How do you find the comp's for wakeboarding ?? the reason I ask is that I am considering purchasing an 88 comp in mint condition. The only thing holding me back right no is the potential wake size for boarding....I will also use the boat for skiing and cruising.

With fat sac's or other weighting, does the comp provide a suffecient wake for intermediate riding???

thanks....

jb4bass
03-07-2004, 10:51 AM
I have an '89 TS6m and with 4 peeps and a fat sac behind the motorbox, we get a pretty phat wake. Nothing like what you get behind a dedicated wakeboard boat, but it's good enough to get some mad air. ;)

Tim
03-08-2004, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the input regarding the wake. Do you happen to have any pictures that show your wake while riding.. That would be very helpful.

Thanks Buddy.

Tim

Please send them to [email protected]

Jake
09-06-2005, 06:05 PM
I have put 200 lbs. of sand in the ski locker and put the wakeplate all the way up. This produced a good wake but it was not clean. Any suggestions? I think I might need more weight in the front to bring the bow down, or maybe by adjusting the wakeplate down I could get the same effect.

msutoad
09-07-2005, 09:22 AM
If the wake is not clean you might not be going fast enough. What length of rope are you using, and what speed are you going?

Granted I do not have a TS6m, but speed and rope length all play a part.

I ahve a Lunch SSV, with 2 400lb fat sacs ( 1 per rear locker), and 1 800 lb fat sac in the belly locker. You need to have as much weight in the front as you do the rear to help keep the wake clean. Putting it all in the rear sometimes works, but can make it wash out easily too.

Hope this helps.

Jake
09-07-2005, 08:07 PM
Thanks msutoad,

I am using a 60 ft rope (15 off for us waterskiers) and running about 17-18 mph. The bow is ridding really high. I think your advise is right on the money. I will try to speed it up and maybe put some weight in the front.

I'm sure your SSV has an adjustable wake plate. Do you always leave it all the way up for boarding, or do you use it to control the wake shape as well?