PDA

View Full Version : Tower Speaker Pod Featuring 3-D Skull

tooladict
08-11-2008, 10:33 PM
These are not your ordinary speaker cans. The normal speaker cans that you can buy everywhere are just a round aluminum can. Yes they are shiny when polished, but BORING!!!! Dare to be different and have something on your boat that no one else has!

This is a pair of hand made and painted custom wakeboard boat tower speaker pods.

The speaker pods are made of 100% fiberglass, which makes them water proof, extremely strong, and light weight. The majority of the housing is roughly 1/8" thick with 3 layers of fiberglass matting. And the mounting ring of the pod is nearly 1/4" thick with 4 layers of fiberglass matting.

They are painted with automotive finish paint and clear coat, which will be very durable to a wet environment. The base coat is gloss black, with some blue airbrush work. And then there are 3 layers of clearcoat. Each pair of pods has a unique paint job due to the fact that I do not use a template to paint them. All paint jobs are done freehand.

The included mounting hardware is a pair universal tower clamps that come adaptable to various tower tube diameters.

These pods are designed to hold a standard 6 1/2" speaker. They will also accomodate an oversized 6 1/2" and even a 7" speaker. The outer diameter of the mounting surface is 7 3/4" and the inner ring is 5". Depending on the speakers you want to use some trimming of the inner ring may be necessary.

For speaker wiring there are spring loaded / gold plated terminals.

Each pods' empty weight is a little more than a pound, which is mostly the weight of the clamp.

If you like these speaker pods but dont like the color scheme and/or tower clamp, please let me know. The pods can be painted with any colors and any clamp can be adapted to the pod.

I am asking $250 per pair plus shipping. If you require something specific it will cost more but I will be fair.

If you are interested please contact me at [email protected]