PDA

View Full Version : Supra 21V for Slaloming

SupraWantToBe
08-30-2008, 03:17 AM
Looking for some info. I slalomed behind a Supra 21v, and didn't think the wake was terrible, I did bounce a little as I cut but overall was an okay ski.

Is there anyone out there who ski's a course behind a 21V? I was going 28, but don't know if 32 would smooth the wake out more?

Also I have an 8 yr old daughter who is slaloming at about 20, is this going to throw a monster wake at that speed? We didn't think to test that in our test drive. My son wakeboarded at 18 and thought the wake was great (big).

Thanks for any input.

lowdrag
08-30-2008, 08:30 AM
Yes, at 20 even without ballast the 21v will still throw a pretty sizeable wake.

Ed Obermeier
09-04-2008, 10:41 AM
V-drives have much bigger wakes than direct drives due to the weight of the engine being in the rear of the boat as opposed to being centered in the hull. Sort of like a non-removable ballast system. No halfway serious slalom course skier uses a V-drive as a slalom boat. If you're a slalom course skier you need a direct drive. Period.

With a direct drive Supra (such as the 2000 Legacy I have listed in the For Sale section...) you can use the wake plate to adjust the wake to a smaller size for slower speeds for your smaller or beginner skiers. Or put the plate down, add some ballast and an extended pole, and you've got a decent wakeboard wake from a boat you can still run the course behind.

Ed