PDA

View Full Version : Harmonic balancer Problem

WadsworthSunsport22V
09-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Has anyone experienced a Harmonic balancer problem on the Indmar 340? I have had a check engine light mystery for over a year, every time I took the boat into the shop, the check engine light would not go on. All temp and presssure was reading normal. Well finally, the engine went to protection mode, and the check engine light came on. My local shop finally was able to determine that the Harmonic balancer was not seated properly. I am hoping this solves my check engine light.

My local shop has been awesome, they have been tring to solve this problem all summer, always looking at my boat immediatly. Many thanks to the "The Boat Shop" in Mineral, VA.

DKJBama92Mariah
09-04-2008, 04:06 PM
That is weird. The only thing I could think of is the balancer causing some sort of vibration and setting off the knock sensor, but that is very much just a wild guess. I'm glad you found a good shop that you're happy with and I hope they found your problem. If you don't have the knowledge, time, or patience to DIY, then having a good mechanic over a bad one can make the boating experience much more enjoyable. The way I see it is: as long as it works, I don't question it. :D Be happy and enjoy the rest of the season.

Since you're happy with their service, be sure to mention them to all your friends (as you have already done here); word of mouth advertising from happy customers is the best business asset these guys can have.