PDA

View Full Version : Any cheaper place for engine parts

89 supra comp
05-11-2003, 01:39 PM
Need to replace flywheel and damper plate in 89 supra comp. Motor is a 351 windsor LH. Being a college student It seems 90.00 for a damper plate from https://www.skidim.com/products.asp?dept=1100 is a little steep is there any other pcm parts stores that are less expensive? Can the flywheel be purchased at an autoparts store if so what kind of car would match this flywheel? Also I read a post saying you need to realign the tranny is this really necessary if the rear motor mount eye bolts have not been removed. All help is highly appreciative would love to get to the lake next weekend. Supra makes an awesome well built boat. :)
BTW It sucks not having a supra dealer within 130miles

gm
05-11-2003, 08:10 PM
I would stick with skidim. There would probably not be any problem with using local parts store, but on some things for the marine application there are differences. Vince would be able to tell you either way. Vince is the person I listen to for all engine questions. He also owned an 89 comp a few years ago, so he is great to help with questions specific to that boat.
goodluck, greg