PDA

View Full Version : Switching to hydraulic wakeplate

tgravy
09-04-2008, 11:05 PM
I have a 2003 Supra Launch with the manual adjustable wakeplate. Can I switch over to the hydraulic system using the current plate and mounting area?

DKJBama92Mariah
09-09-2008, 01:10 AM
Yes it can be done. Bennett trim tab co made the hydraulic wakeplates for SC that year. Bennett sells a wakeplate kit through Overtons, or at least they did. Thats what I put on my 92. I'm pretty sure you can also order a kit through a Supra dealer. A lot depends on the configuration of your specific year and model boat. One key thing being whether your existing plate mounts into a recess on the bottom of the hull or flat against the back of the transom. What does yours look like? Any chance you could post pics of your current setup?

If you have the recess in the bottom of the hull, I can talk much more about that because that's how mine was configured. It wasn't a pain-free retrofit by any means.

If you'd rather just pay to get it done, you could probably get a dealer to do it for less than $2k, maybe even $1,500.

tgravy
09-09-2008, 07:54 PM
I believe that the plate is recessed into the bottom of the boat. I will get some pictures tomorrow. Did the Bennett kit come with the dash gauge that Supra used?

DKJBama92Mariah
09-09-2008, 11:39 PM
The Bennett kit did not come with a gauge. You can probably just order the gauge through a Supra dealer. I have no idea how the Bennett trim sensor works, but it can't be that difficult to hook up. You can also always call Bennett directly with questions. It's a family business in the FL panhandle; just real good friendly people.

Personally, I never really felt the need for a gauge with just the single plate; I 've just trimmed by feel. However I don't use mine for watersports much anymore, so the plate's main use is to bring the bow down in rough water to smooth out the ride a little. BUT we are talking about your boat here, so if you want the gauge, go for it.

Once you get the pics tomorrow so we know exactly what we're working with here, we can talk more about your mounting options.

tgravy
09-10-2008, 02:46 PM
Here are the pics. 24" wide - 8 1/2" deep.