PDA

View Full Version : Wet carpet under ballast bags

22ssvLaunchDAWG
09-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Anyone have any ideas on what I can put under my bags to keep them off the wet carpet. I have to remove the bags to get the carpet dry.
I have thought about removing the carpet, but I think it helps with the engine noise.?

Lavinder
09-05-2008, 04:30 PM
Make little chairs with wood strips and coat hangers to keep the bags off the carpet while the carpet dries. Takes seconds to make and are easy to do. If you have access to construction material, rebar chairs work well too.

jonyb
09-07-2008, 03:08 AM
I made some ramps to go under my bags. They help drain the bags a lot better then standing in the compartments picking up the bags.

H2Oman
09-08-2008, 08:07 AM
I simply roll up the bags and set them on end in the compartment. So far, works well and the carpet dries out.

thescott
09-21-2008, 04:55 PM
I made some ramps to go under my bags. They help drain the bags a lot better then standing in the compartments picking up the bags.

I just roll mine up like H2OMan which works fine for drying the carpet-there is however still the issue of them not draining completely with out lifting them on end-I'd be really interested in seeing some pics or a write up on the ramps you built. How's that working out?

jonyb
09-22-2008, 01:00 PM
They work great. I'll get some pics next time they're out. The next problem is that the cooler leaks and saturates the carpet behind it. The ramps keeping the bags off of the carpet helps that dry out too. I sealed the plug on the cooler, but it's still leaking somewhere :mad: