PDA

View Full Version : Wanting at a 21V

Wanta21V
09-26-2008, 11:06 PM
I need some help here. I have being buying wakesetter's for the last 8 years and due to some issues with the local dealer am very much interested in a Supra. I know what kind of handling, ride and wake I want out of a boat but the local Supra dealer here does not offer demo's or test drives. They only lake test after the boat is purchased. Any advice???????

ifinallygota21v
09-29-2008, 05:10 PM
where are you located? i have a 2006 21v for sale and will take you for a test drive.

mikebu
09-29-2008, 05:41 PM
First off that salesmen is a idiot. In todays market how can you act like that and expect people to buy your product.

That said he may be afraid that you are just wanting a day out on the lake with his expense.

When I was looking at the new 07 Supra 21v that I just bought they told me that. But once he realized I was serious and we started talking numbers they gave me a test ride without signing anything.

Assuming that he doesn't change his tune once you get serious maybe you could sign a purchase agreement with a pre-condition that you like the test drive.

Wanta21V
09-30-2008, 06:59 PM
Thanks for your responses.
For curiousity sakes, I phoned a couple of other Boat Dealers 3 out 4 said demo's are not a problem.
I phoned skiers choice and asked them how can I buy one of thier boats without seeing it perform and within 24 hours the dealer phoned me back to arrange for a test drive!
Now I have to decide on a 21V or 22SSV!???? Any thoughts?

mikebu
09-30-2008, 11:50 PM
Now I have to decide on a 21V or 22SSV!???? Any thoughts?

Are you trying to fit in a garage? 21V may fit because it's not as long.

Do you like the rear facing set behind the drivers seat in the SSV? It looks awkward to me but I have never sat in one.

Does the 21V have a deeper hull?

Wanta21V
10-01-2008, 12:22 PM
I am on Sylvan Lake, Alberta which is fairly rough which is one of the reasons a 21V interested me as I was told that it does have a deeper hull and handles chop really well. The last boat i had was a 32 foot Malibu which as a bit to big for our needs so was hoping to downsize a bit without losing the great wake. I do have a large garage so that is not an issue and as far as the seating its not to big of deal, more worried about a good surf and WB wake. All the other boats i have owned have had hard ballast tanks, any issues with the bags ballast? Does it take up alot of storage space while inflated?

atarpill
10-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Are you trying to fit in a garage? 21V may fit because it's not as long.

Do you like the rear facing set behind the drivers seat in the SSV? It looks awkward to me but I have never sat in one.

Does the 21V have a deeper hull?

I have an 08 Sunsport 22v and the rear facing seat behind the driver, it is great. It just adds to the rear facing seats in the boat. I have had no complaints from any of my friends, usually it is one of the first seat taken when we go out riding.

When my wife and I were looking for a boat in 07 at the boat show it was one of the features that we loved about the boat. Then once we test drove the boat that summer we were both hooked. Our dealer took us out for a test ride and we spent about 2 hours out in the boat.

killer52
10-02-2008, 10:43 PM
I have just purchased a 21v , and took it for a spin the other day in the worst condidtions I have ever seen, and it handled the choppy water exceptionally well, and I didn't get a single drop of water on me. It was fantatsic.
You can't go wrong with a 21v!

Wanta21V
10-03-2008, 12:53 AM
Thanks for all your input, Demo ride is Saturday and pumped about it!