PDA

View Full Version : 91 comp limited edition info

steelers
10-25-2023, 07:24 PM
Found a 1991 Comp limited edition for sale

Interior shot, floor rotted

Haven't gone to look yet... but ski platform is plastic, not wood
350 Chevy engine

Have seen a few old threads about mythical composite stringers on a 91 with no real solid answer on if it exists or how to tell if it does... anyone know in 2023?

Also, anyone know what's special about the limited edition?

h2o-ski
10-26-2023, 08:14 AM
To my knowledge the few 91's that were composite were late production runs. No way to really tell unless you pull a bolt out of the stringer. But I would imagine that if the floor is rotten that the wood stringers would be too. In that case, you are looking at $2500 just to do it yourself and add in the cost of a new interior and you are in for more than what the boat is worth.

steelers
10-26-2023, 01:04 PM
yeah, I am definitely out if I can't know for sure the stringers are composite... not in on a stringer job and they are definitely bad if wood

but if they're composite I'd be ok with doing a floor for the price. maybe I'll go and pull a bolt like you said... guessing I'm just looking for wood on the bolt, right?

Mischief IV
11-06-2023, 06:38 PM
I know of two 1991 models with composite stringers. One is in my garage. The other is just north of me in TN.

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?20244-1991-Supra-Comp&highlight=1991+supra+comp