PDA

View Full Version : Trailer for 89 sunsport

MikeD
05-14-2003, 07:05 PM
I am buying a 89 Sunsport, and it does not have a trailer. I have 2 questions.

does anyone know where I can get a used trailer for this boat?

does anyone know if the hull / undercarriage of this boat is similar to the '90 ? i.e. would a 1990 trailer work ?

I am in Austin, Texas

Thanks,

MikeD.

Skipkris
05-22-2003, 02:55 PM
I bought a 98 Saltare last year w/out a trailer. I did some shopping around and ended up having a trailer made for the boat by a trailer manufacturer in Michigan, close to the marina where i found the boat used. The new trailer was $3500, but I maxed it out--disc brakes, aluminum rims, guide bars, radial tires, and painted to match the hull. Try contacting skierschoice, they can hook you up with their trailer manufacturer to get a price for a new trailer. They can also get you the specs on your hull to see which trailers might be compatible. You have probably already contacted the Supra dealer there in Austin, (South Austin Marine, I think...I used to live in Georgetown, TX and gave them lots of business)perhaps they have a used trailer, or know where you might find one. A final thought, definitely go for disc brakes if you have a choice--your sunsport is a big, heavy boat, like my Saltare..and with disc brakes, boat and trailer stop in a hurry. If I were doing it over again, I'd have foregone the paint and gotten a galvanized trailer...but my wife wanted the rig to "look nice." And I knew better, but got the painted trailer anyway. So it goes.
Good luck
Skip