PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Flush

StylinSupra23
05-19-2003, 11:57 AM
I was going to flush out my transmission and just wanted conformation that I have to suck the fluid out of the 1.23:1 PCM. I could not find a drain plug. I have had the boat for a couple of years and have yet to change it but on the Q&A on www.skidim.com it says that if there is 20W currently in there to flush it out 2 or three times with Dexatron II or III. I don't understand why it is so detrimental to mix them. It has started to knock a little when I first put it into gear and am just putting around but when I give it more gas it quits. I assume a bearing is going out or has gone out. Has anyone else had this problem? How urgent is it? Do it yourself?

dba4life
05-19-2003, 01:14 PM
I had my tranny fluid replaced during my last winterization. I paid someone to do it. Not sure if he flushed. I had 20w oil in there. He put in Dextron II. It used to "clunk" going into gear. Now it is silent going into gear. But it sounds like your problem may be worse then just fluid. But it also doesn't sound like a tranny problem if it quits though?

Let us know how it goes.