PDA

View Full Version : new 2001 launch

skeeter.76
05-14-2002, 12:05 AM
just bought brand new 2001 launch ,dealer left over. having a few problems. First the speedos won't calibrate. I was told by dealer at 3000 rpm with two people in the boat and a empty ballast system, should be right at 30 mph. Left speedo jumps all over the place, right one won't go below 38mph. Next the wake plate gauge only goes to the first hash mark. how far should the plate travel? last and final i took the ski paltform off to store in my shop and now it won't go back on acts as if it is warped. I bought the boat in Seattle ,WA live about six hours away, so any help would be much appreciated.

06-11-2002, 02:18 PM
Bought my Launch as a leftover 2001 after the 2002's were out also.
1)My speedos have similar problems but are much closer in tolerance. It has been almost impossible to adjust them to read the same. I can usually get them withing 1-2 mph.
2)Wake plate gauge on mine is the same and the indicator only goes about 2/3 of the way for nose down.
3)Also made the mistake of removing the swim platform. I installed the grab rail on mine like the 2002 models. To re-install, unscrew the brakets from the platform. Re-install the brakets with the pins. My platform lined back up perfectly and i just re-installed the crews after filling the holes with a marine sealant. Now, hopefully, i will never have to use the "QUICK REMOVAL BRACKETS" again!!!

RickT
06-13-2002, 10:32 PM
Hello,

First of all the range on the Wakeplate is about right...max is about 50%. I doubt your platform is warped...but you never know. You have a dealer in Spokane called Affordable Boats if you need his phone number..just call us at 8003202779 and we can get you hooked up with him. Best thing will be for him to check your boat over, when you get a chance.

Rick Tinker

coachsambo
11-05-2002, 04:04 PM
I took mine off once and almost cut my thumb off trying to get it back on. I had to grese the poles so it would slide back in and even then it was difficult. You also have to have two people to do it. It was very hard. But i dont think it was warped, just extremely tight.

H2Oman
11-19-2002, 01:37 AM
I have had similar problems with the speedometers. The connections to the paddles need to be checked for loose wires or grounds. On the back of the speedometers there is a small calibration screw head. Use a small flat screw driver and turn to the left to reduce speed reading, right to increase reading. Each notch adjusts the speed quite a bit. Once you have got it close use the dash mounted knobs to fine tune the speed. Max speed at full rpm (with the wind) is around 45 to 46 mph.

The swim platform will always be tight. Use two people to remove. You have to pull straight up.

The wake plate pump may be low on fluid. There may be electronic stops that may need to be adjusted. Call Supra for a detailed diagram.

Good luck.

Brian Raymond
11-20-2002, 12:31 AM
On the backside of the speedos there are small nos. from 1-6, verify that the hash mark on the dial indicator is set on 5. Make sure your paddle wheel is adjusted all the way down. this can be done with the 2 adj. screws on the sides of the paddlewheels. The speedo that seems erratic, verify that no wires are touching on the back side, there is a bare, unshielded wire(ground) that if touching the signal post(blk wire) or pos. post(blue wire) will wig the gauge out. Brian Raymond